What'd you do last night?...

showbiz00ditc

i've seen cecil twice, one so-so trio show at iridium and a solo show at the knit which was pretty good. i can't imagine any show of free improvs with random partners would be too great, he's just not that kind of dude.

edit - obtopic i made veg lasagna from scratch with ms. ready and ate it with an overrated california chardonnay (la crema, 2006)

Yeah, he'd probably be better solo nowadays. Cecil pretty much played each "improvisation" from a sort of graphic score on the piano in front of him and Oxley just had to try to follow along. Wasn't a very interactive duo. Which struck me as pretty weird considering the two of them have been playing together quite a lot since at least the 80s. But so it goes.

i arrived back in wintery perth after an amazing month in the uk, italy and croatia.

unpacked my suitcase, did a stack of washing, had a mix, and put my exhausted self to bed early, ready for today's return to the routine.

been hitting on this korean pub manager for weeks now, and then tried to get her to come with us to go to izakaya for sake and ramen, got rebuffed, and spent 12-3am drunkenly eating ramen and bitching out my friends for the fact that she had some dude with her.

end of story.