What'd you do last night?...

showbiz00ditc

I claimed my cheap fucking Gateway laptop's warranty at Best Buy yesterday, and spent an hour convincing the manager that the clearly-caused-by-falling crack in the LCD screen was an act of god. Came out of it with a 4 year accidental warranty and a brand new Dell laptop pro-boner. Lulz.

I also ran out of weed yesterday, re-up!

Found out at the last possible moment that the great Bob Log III was in town playing at Southpaw. A friend of mine was sitting in on drums for part of the set and wanted help documenting it. Great gig. Hadn't had a chance to see Bob play since before Doo Rag broke up.

God damnit Brooklyn, be my ocean!

edit: also, on the way there, I gave up my seat on the subway to an HIV positive car theif who had just come from a hospital visit during the day after spending the night before in lockup where he got into a fight that left him with only one lens in his glasses. He told me some great stories until I had to get off the Q.

yesterday...

went out for yum cha with my girl, her folks and my folks.

then went to the airport to bid her farewell... :(

she's moving to sydney for work.

shit.

not at all looking forward to being without her....but on the plus side, i'll be visiting in september sometime, and will be over again on tour in late october. it'll be hard, but i'm sure we'll get through it.

then...had rehearsals. things went well. first FTW show in about 15 months tonight, very much looking forward to it. after the gig.....LOEFAH. yesssss.