Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

I don't know what to think about that resole. What type of sole is that?

It may just be the extra sole edge coloring that was put on with the resole, but the all black look and flat bottom is making me think of the prop shoes they may have used in all of the Frankenstein movies. 

It may look better as it wears in, but they feel off to me right now. And certainly no disrespect meant by my comments, they just aren't my taste.

Not a problem at all Ray, they're basically a functional resole for my day to day wok shoes so a wedge sole works best for standing. I won't be going dancing in them  ;)

Im getting ready to send my Oxfords to Bakers to get a white Cristy slapped on them.  I like the 2021, but its a bit too thick for my liking.  We will see how the Cristy works out.  Whites apparently wont do it, so Bakers gets the job.  

Edited by garden gnomes in space

Navy Cxl

what are the ones on the very right? interesting color, but it looks like navy cxl

I'm guessing they're black, not navy.

Navy Cxl.

No : 105 Id : SG.07-JRN-0114-084 Article : Valiant II MTO Shoe Last : Morgan Upper : Upper Vamp & Heel Counter : Dark brown cordovan | Upper Shaft : Cigar Pull-Up Tongue : Gusseted Tongue - Tan Pull-Up - Lining : Tan Lining : Tan (Vamp) Construction : Handwelted Goodyear Storm welt 360º welt stitch Outsole : Full Micro Rubber Sole + Double Leather Midsole Heel : Cats Paw Size : 47D Hardware : 9 Brass Eyelets Edge Trim : Natural Engraving : - Notes :

Cigar Pull Up Kiltie

Progress : Build Upper

Sagara has a neat updater when you order a custom pair.  Really looking forward to these.

new

tumblr_mycz4wvc7k1s5ebo0o1_1280.jpg

2 months in. 
12382236705_49864a8cbc_b.jpg

Wow. Absolutely stunning. I saw the first picture and thought, "Oh, hey, those are beautiful." Then I scrolled to the second and my mind was blown. The deepening of the color as it darkened is remarkable. Hard to even imagine what they'll look like in just 12 months (but I sure hope we get to see!). Is that a calf/shell cordovan combo? If not, what? And by whom? Just amazing. Thanks for posting!

B-, dem cuffs  :D

Good stuff tho!

Wow. Absolutely stunning. I saw the first picture and thought, "Oh, hey, those are beautiful." Then I scrolled to the second and my mind was blown. The deepening of the color as it darkened is remarkable. Hard to even imagine what they'll look like in just 12 months (but I sure hope we get to see!). Is that a calf/shell cordovan combo? If not, what? And by whom? Just amazing. Thanks for posting!

Thanks Doc!

They are calf. Somerville by Crockett & Jones. 

Really wish that Cheaney 12508 last worked for me. It's the closest I've got with their stuff but still going true to size there is a little too much pinch as it clips the big toe.

Are those new Evisu's, Crash?

Why worry about going TTS if the last fits in a different way? Some lasts just don't fit certain people in their 'correct' size so a certain amount of flexibility is needed, no? I'm really happy with the two pairs of Cheaney boots I bought last year, they're definitely leading the way when it comes to more non-business options...

And the jeans are 16oz Japan Blue jeans bought locally at Atoo in Birmingham. The value of being able to try different sizes is worth its weight in gold!

though not ready for an engineer boots yet, but still Bryan's works seems interesting to look forward!

anyway posting my best pair so far in navy cxl:

image_zps1da9d299.jpg

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...