lets talk watches

poopie boy

So my Archimede Pilot all of a sudden is gaining 2+ minutes per day. It used to gain about 6 seconds per day which was awesome, but 2 minutes blows. Nothing crazy happened to the watch that I could think of. Any idea what could have caused it? I've only had it for a few months.

I guess I'll have to get it regulated because it's really bothering me.

That's funny, my Stowa airman, which has the same movement as yours has recently started gaining a couple of minutes per day too. I've had mine about 2 years though. Maybe the ETA movements aren't all that robust when it comes to keeping regular. I don't do anything too shocking with mine on but I ride a bike and ride a motorcycle on heavily potholed roads and it probably gets the odd jolt from having a fairly active lifestyle.

That's funny, my Stowa airman, which has the same movement as yours has recently started gaining a couple of minutes per day too. I've had mine about 2 years though. Maybe the ETA movements aren't all that robust when it comes to keeping regular. I don't do anything too shocking with mine on but I ride a bike and ride a motorcycle on heavily potholed roads and it probably gets the odd jolt from having a fairly active lifestyle.

Oh shit! We may be onto something here. I've been commuting to work a lot on my motorcycle lately and have been wearing the watch. Up until recently I haven't really worn it when I rode my motorcycle. Maybe the vibrations from the bike messed something up. Weird.

That is what I thought. I don't really know enough about automatic movements to make any more sense though.

I had to send mine for repair about a year and a half ago because it would occasionally stop at a certain point of the second sweep. That started to happen a little after an accident on my motorcycle.

I too have to Orient sub and it's alright. Cons: shitty lume but especially the bracelet feels a bit cheap. A bargain otherwise, though.

yeah, the lume is weak. i think subs look better on bond nato straps so i'll enventually remove the bracelet. for $20-40 i could get a better bracelet too.

i'm getting a seiko diver next.

So I was looking through a Patek Phillipe catalog.. i mean book and saw the skymoon tourbillon. I google it, curious to whether there are any actual dealers... and there just so happens to be one on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Patek-Philippe-Sky-Moon-Celestial-Tourbillon-5002-Plat_W0QQitemZ270378683583QQihZ017QQcategoryZ31387QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$3000 shipping lol

Oh shit! We may be onto something here. I've been commuting to work a lot on my motorcycle lately and have been wearing the watch. Up until recently I haven't really worn it when I rode my motorcycle. Maybe the vibrations from the bike messed something up. Weird.

or you ride so fast that you mess with the time/space continuum

So I was looking through a Patek Phillipe catalog.. i mean book and saw the skymoon tourbillon. I google it, curious to whether there are any actual dealers... and there just so happens to be one on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Patek-Philippe-Sky-Moon-Celestial-Tourbillon-5002-Plat_W0QQitemZ270378683583QQihZ017QQcategoryZ31387QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$3000 shipping lol

that shipping price makes sense. would you want him to ship that shit uninsured? lol

None of them, have a look at the swatch Irony collection instead:

http://store.swatch.com/irony/all

You might actually find something there that doesn't force you to immediately spend an extra $20 on an actual strap.

I've flicked through this thread but I still don't get it: why is Seiko and Citizen so popular on this forum?

i would wear any of those 3 and none of those ugly swatches you linked to.

guy: i would pick the seiko 5, as for size i think all 3 of those are 37mm

for around $100 price range

seiko 5 or a citizen eco-drive?

unsure on sizes too, as i have a smaller wrist

the seiko is well under 100 so if the citizens cost more go w/the bargain.

my wrist is small too but a 40-42mm watch fits perfect.