lets talk watches

poopie boy

i wanna wear it with jeans and shirts / riding my bike/ to work ( construction site) /and to functions /black tie affair/ business meetings .. so what do you guys think?

you're going to want two different watches for all of those things.

decide first which you need more: a sports watch like the rollie or a dress watch like the breguet

to be honest, not feeling any of the three you've posted.

ok then post your suggestions pics pls not over 8,000 bucks... im getting a used one..

i want something that wont drop its value even after 5 years

problem is, watches don't appreciate... some lose value less than others. not many will keep it's value - daytona might if it's a white faced ss.

for your uses, i'd take that 8k and get two - one sport and one dress

for sport, maybe a sub or a SD, maybe a breitling?

for dress, maybe a a used villeret or a portuguese?

but if you insist on getting one, definitely don't get a dress watch. that breguet wouldn't last a day on a construction site, they're just not made to take a beating. go with a sport. maybe a DSSD? daytona if you can find one that isn't so ugly

i already have a sub and 3 more other datejust rolex

so getting a single tone daytona? this secific daytona i believe was mfg. before 2000 and uses the detuned zenith movement thats why im considering it.. what do you think?

daytona with that movement is definitely a great watch... but i wouldn't b/c i just hate two tone so much. that's just imo though

if you have a sub and a few datejusts, i'd get a dress watch. i don't like the you posted breguet (b/c of the two different metals)... i'm a big fan of the port chrono for a sporty dress watch, white face will be dressy enough for a suit. the newest release - the handwound, i think only comes in ss with a black face, but it's sexy as hell. or maybe a white face breguet classique auto, a little out of your price range new (i think around 10 or so), not sure how much they run used. or maybe a villeret, but it's so light and thin that imo its pretty limited to only dressy occasions.

ericdw & I are thinking alike here....

since you already have so many sport watches, get a dress watch. i LOVE the IWC portuguese line, but so does almost everyone else in case that bothers you. (but judging from your rollie collection, it shouldn't)

perfect dress watches:

iwc-portuguese-5001.07_LRG.jpg

i already have a sub and 3 more other datejust rolex

so getting a single tone daytona? this secific daytona i believe was mfg. before 2000 and uses the detuned zenith movement thats why im considering it.. what do you think?

you're mad chinese. you have made like 6 posts in this thread about the decision your facing in picking up a watch and only now you remember to mention that you already have 4 rolex? who in their right mind would even consider another rolex?

definitely go for the breguet.

you're mad chinese. you have made like 6 posts in this thread about the decision your facing in picking up a watch and only now you remember to mention that you already have 4 rolex? who in their right mind would even consider another rolex?

definitely go for the breguet.

that means at least 2 are fake

I gotta check out the 1st maurice lacroix in person

you guys would consider the ap a dress watch? i feel like it's more casual (not sports watch like a sub, but def. not a DRESS watch)

i think that's somewhere in between a dress and sports watch. it's too busy... a dress watch should be simple & classy

And i stopped listening to Ed cause he has no clue what he wants or needs

he does

he wants a watch that will exert power and respect when he's ordering a bunch of coolies around on the construction site.