lets talk watches

poopie boy

i read thru a few earlier pages of this thread and was wondering is it better for me to get a Seiko or one of the perfect clones?

im not really for fakes but i'd be probaly be wearing it 3-5 years before investing in a better one later.

seiko / perfect clones are relatively in the same budget price that i'd like: 200-500 dollars.

thanks

My dad gave me a Seiko as a gift a couple years back.

It's one of those ones that run on kinetic energy and has a shaky power generator inside it.

Pics if anyone is interested.

Band has been changed like twice, two different leather bands and then this metal band because I was sick of the leather dying every time I visited asia.

hmm i've actually decided to go to a mom&pop watch store i found close by to school.

will just buy something there and support local business.

probaly will end up getting a seiko / citizen

or maybe a preowned watch that i find that i take a liking to.

this threads been pretty helpful ;)

That's horrible. Might as well have just gotten a Invicta or a AAA fake from Hong Kong and saved some money. Why did you label the post Rolex Daytona Paul Newman? It's just a knock-off... I'm not gonna neg that until you have a chance to explain your purchase, but I can't think of a response that will justify it.

M1_catalog_shot.6125434.jpg

LUM-TEC M1

product700-thumb1.jpg

Heroic 18 Venzo strap for M1

503sm1_512.jpg

503sm3_512.jpg

Omega Seamaster circa 1961

Just received the Lum-Tec today: its a great watch for the money, very nice packaging, two straps included (leather+metal), so far keeps excellent time, and IMHO looks dope.

Strap is coming next week, can't wait for it. and the Omega is coming next week as well

M1_catalog_shot.6125434.jpg

LUM-TEC M1

product700-thumb1.jpg

Heroic 18 Venzo strap for M1

503sm1_512.jpg

503sm3_512.jpg

Omega Seamaster circa 1961

Just received the Lum-Tec today: its a great watch for the money, very nice packaging, two straps included (leather+metal), so far keeps excellent time, and IMHO looks dope.

Strap is coming next week, can't wait for it. and the Omega is coming next week as well

not a huge fan of the lum-tec but it will look much better on the brown strap than the black/green

seamaster looks good... how much and where to find?

they're pretty common on ebay or various vintage watch dealers. check farfo or wannabuyawatch or coolvintagewatches. that's a refinished face i believe, can cop for around 200, maybe less? been a while since i've browsed

Yea I checked out ebay, there were a few that looked pretty legit, but some were totally refinished and didn't look like they were worth the money.

I have a friend in LA who hooked me up with it, its pretty much pristine, all they did was relume the hands and markers, and sent it to Omega to have them look over the insides.

You can find some in the $300 range but they are pretty iffy, the face looks good, but the internals look really bad.

Someone to check out if you are interested is http://www.classicwristwatches.com/, he has an ebay shop too, does great work, but a bit pricey.

folks - my dad has a vintage rolex that he hardly wears anymore due to the crystal being scratched up. i'd like to get it replaced for him as well as give the watch a cleaning and tuneup. i'm located in NYC and don't want to pay an arm and a leg, but would like to bring it to someone reputable that can be vouched for. anyone have a spot they trust?

thanks in advance.

Take it to an RSC, only way to go.

• 2 weeks later...

ive been thinking about getting a watch

my wrist is 17.5 cm and 6 cm diameter

would watches like this look ridiculous on my wrist

i dont know anything about waches

are these russian diver watches worth getting

1.jpg

i really like this sinn watch but i cant afford a 1k watch

656SStrap.jpg

this archimede watch looks nice too but my budget is like 200 max and this is like 400 eur

archimede-black-pilot-m-pvd.jpg

are there any other clean watches like this in the 200 range