lets talk watches

poopie boy

Have been on this forum for quite abit but havent posted much, think its time I got more active and contributed. These are most of the watches I currently own. Love'em all.

L1000999.jpg

Please excuse the bad pics, I'm a horrible photographer.

what's the chrono with the red subdials? respect for owning a rolex and a gshock.

solebrother - you've got a watch for almost every occasion (i echo someone's sentiment about needing a really nice dressy watch). i unfortunately have to make my one watch work for all situations. great collection you have there.

what color dial? what style?

im open to whatever colored dial you want to throw at me.

in terms of style, i know zip about da watches.

something classic and versatile that will work with both formal and informal looks.

really, i just wanna see some nice watches in the price range i mentioned.

which i know is small, but im not willing to ball on watches yet. havent fully

caught the bug.

corey, those are nice - they made me think of this seiko spirit i had my eye on for a little bit but then decided i just didn't need yet. were i to just run across $300 randomly i'd pick this one up instantly as a nice, simple dressier watch.

1.jpg

yes, this also has a date which omc wasn't looking for, but the face is super clean, it's a mechanical watch, and the cordovan strap is sharp. $300, also at seiya japan. i also personally like the combination of polished and brushed finish on the face. for the price i'm pretty sure it can't be beat.

what's the chrono with the red subdials? respect for owning a rolex and a gshock.

Its an Omega Speedmaster which I got more than 10 years ago and one of my first good watch I can remember, it originally came with a metal bracelet, but I was getting tired of it and switch it up to an alligator skin strap. Thanks for all the feedback.

CabestanWatch.jpg

motherfucker!

I love that watch, but I prefer the one where they use the old vintage, ship wrecked titanic inspired steel coated with a special coating to maintain the beat up look. This is why halter is a genius and way ahead of the pack. opus 3 was amazing, but this is on another level.

OMC:

Art watches. Have a look at Nuts and MoMa.

In particular this Seiko, this Arne Jacobsen and this Alessi

These Jacob Jensons are clean.

This Normal would be okay in a frute industry job.

This typical Fliger watch moves from dress to play easily. A little over your budget, but you might get one second hand. Externally, not far from an IWC Big Pilot. invest in a gator strap.

There's also Mondaine but shit is played.

a few months ago i posted about my daily wearer - a sinn 656s - and some people wanted to see more pictures. i forgot about the thread until recently, so i took some quick snaps with my point and shoot...

the crystal has an A/R coat which is pretty nice. some people complain that it scratches easily but i've worn mine every day for 7 months now and there's not a scratch on it.

dsc01035.jpg

i really like the finishing. their more expensive models have a tegimented finish, which is a process by which the coating is heated to a crazy temperature where it bonds to the casing (thereby making it more durable). the 656s is a sandblasted chrome plated steel casing, which is also pretty resilient but will eventually erode over time like most other pvd watches. i'm ok with that - tool watches ought to look somewhat beat-up anyways. at that point i will hopefully have the funds to invest in a dressier daily wear watch and make this one a weekend casual watch. the watch also comes with a black leather strap but i opted to swap it out for a rubber sinn strap for a more casual look.

dsc01031.jpg

I'm a big Bond nerd so I was looking forward to the 007 Villain collection, but so many watches are ugly. I love most of the villains but it looks like I'm only getting one watch.

snapshot20081118113911xr7.png

I still love my Dr. No watch from few years ago. I wear it more than some of the watches that are 50 times more expensive.

drnosmev6.jpg

a few months ago i posted about my daily wearer - a sinn 656s - and some people wanted to see more pictures. i forgot about the thread until recently, so i took some quick snaps with my point and shoot...

the crystal has an A/R coat which is pretty nice. some people complain that it scratches easily but i've worn mine every day for 7 months now and there's not a scratch on it.

dsc01035.jpg

i really like the finishing. their more expensive models have a tegimented finish, which is a process by which the coating is heated to a crazy temperature where it bonds to the casing (thereby making it more durable). the 656s is a sandblasted chrome plated steel casing, which is also pretty resilient but will eventually erode over time like most other pvd watches. i'm ok with that - tool watches ought to look somewhat beat-up anyways. at that point i will hopefully have the funds to invest in a dressier daily wear watch and make this one a weekend casual watch. the watch also comes with a black leather strap but i opted to swap it out for a rubber sinn strap for a more casual look.

dsc01031.jpg

Awesome 656S

I've got a 657 myself with rubber strap/buckle!

B153_Sinn_757S_1.jpg

did a all black style with white text and bordered markers. looks pretty sweet. even if you wear an original colourway rolex, people will still think its a fake anyway.

do people sell unbranded rolex style watches, specifically the datejust? like a frankenjust but with a clean no label dial?