lets talk watches

poopie boy

As promise, here are a few pictures of my Archimede Pilot M (39mm). It's my first real watch and I'm all smiles. :)

DSC03144.jpg

Nevermind my hairy arm.

Like the look of this one a lot. Doesn't look too big there but I'm sure it would be enormous on my tiny, tiny wrists.

LeSamourai3.jpg?t=1236310315

Big fan of this here. Obviously you can barely see the watch but I like the look of it since it looks like the face is barely thicker than the strap (more apparent elsewhere in the film, perhaps) but I've been looking for something seriously small to match my wrists. Fuuma suggested looking into vintage french army watches from the 60s but I don't know anything about watches so I've about abandoned that venture.

Any suggestions?

Many brands offer their watches in more than one size. Look into unisex watches for something smaller (i.e. Ballon Bleus are offered in 29, 37 and 42 mm dials).

BTW if you want something kinda sleek and thin peep 1950s omegas, you can score them pretty cheap, many times under 500 or so.

not to knitpick, but the rhino is for diving watches, and the pilot is for, well, pilot watches... imo both of those straps will look dumb on that watch.

Thanks to this thread, I will soon have:

1z3chab.jpg

+ Rhino Strap for everyday wear

20jfmzr.jpg

+ Pilot Strap for a nicer look

2rxk5s9.jpg

not to knitpick, but the rhino is for diving watches, and the pilot is for, well, pilot watches... imo both of those straps will look dumb on that watch.

Well considering the seiko 5 military has vintage military styling, not unlike many of the pilot watches posted in this thread, I think it could look cool.

And the Rhino strap is not just for diving watches, actually the more general strap is called a NATO style and is meant for all sorts of military watches, the diving versions just have a longer strap. The black strap that comes with the seiko 5 military is actually a NATO style strap, it just has 2 rings instead of 4 and is a two-piece style

side note, here are some pics (not mine) of the seiko 5 with other straps, which imo looks kinda cool, but to each his own, I can see how it doesn't appeal to everyone.

273490066_4ad73db5b0_o.jpg

p6040155ij4.jpg

Guest umhaha84

justbrands_2044_136820940

any thoughts on this one? thinking about copping it soon,

It runs about 400~500 online, but I wonder if I can get it for the same price range at an offline store.

• 3 weeks later...