lets talk watches

poopie boy

Automatic Tissot are solid buy, well built and use ETA movement (as far as i know).

i wanted to get a new watch because i've got a seiko diver on a nato strap, but there's nothing i really want under $1000. and over $1000 there's probably things more important than buying a watch anyway...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Im looking for a classic, simple looking watch. While my budget isnt much at all, just browsing through this thread these caught my eye.

TissotLeLocle1.jpg

r1068301.jpg

Any suggestions?

And what might be a good site to check out for this sort of thing?

Thanks a lot

EDIT:

Well, Ive kept looking at it appears to me that im looking for something on the vintage side.

And because of this im guessing things would be much cheaper, granted I dont set my eye on some collectors item of sorts.

What brands would be good to look into quality wise?

fuuuuuuuuuck lost my beater watch (was a gotdamn bar mitzvah present for chrissake) somewhere in the dirty south in the middle of moonshine-induced drunkery. time to start frequenting this thread/not being able to buy any of these damn rolexes and tissots and etc's

Im looking for a classic, simple looking watch. While my budget isnt much at all, just browsing through this thread these caught my eye.

Any suggestions?

And what might be a good site to check out for this sort of thing?

Thanks a lot

EDIT:

Well, Ive kept looking at it appears to me that im looking for something on the vintage side.

And because of this im guessing things would be much cheaper, granted I dont set my eye on some collectors item of sorts.

What brands would be good to look into quality wise?

get a hamilton or a seiko

Guest Phrost

i really like the a lange & sohne 1815 L941.1 caliber

on-side-018.jpg

i think the lange & sohne is a realistic substitute to the phillipe dufour simplicity

NewSimplicity.jpg

rgm 222 by roland g murphy from lancaster pa is one of my favorites. uses vintage hamilton calibers

222_master_002.jpg