lets talk watches

poopie boy

Been in the market for a military styled Seiko for some time now, been looking at a few options but most recently become interested in the SNDA21P1.

Anybody ever owned one or know of any caveats that might exist? Pros + Cons? Appreciated.

SNDA21P1_1.jpg

Decent review here: http://www.gmtplusnine.com/2009/04/24/seiko-snda21p1-mil-style-chronograph/

Have been on this forum for quite abit but havent posted much, think its time I got more active and contributed. These are most of the watches I currently own. Love'em all.

L1000999.jpg

Please excuse the bad pics, I'm a horrible photographer.

L1140587.jpg

L1140589.jpg

L1140592.jpg

L1140590.jpg

Recent additions to the family, Really digging the slim profile and small face of the PP. Couldn't resist the Porter watch case when I saw it. Missed out on the opportunity to buy it at the Porter store couple years ago, so when I saw it again, I bought it.

Xpost from what other non-denim things do you collect thread

watches.. small collection, but very wide range... (I have a citizen and Seiko Sportura F1 not included in the photos below)

Tudor Oyster Date Circa 1963 (note the big Rose logo as opposed to the shield)

web.jpg?ver=12573555020001

Rolex Air King 1979

web.jpg?ver=12573555050001

Casio G-Shock DW6900 Pink Limited

web.jpg?ver=12573555070001

Casio G-Shock DW6900 Black on Black Limited

web.jpg?ver=12573555120001

Omega Seamaster 2254.50

web.jpg?ver=12573555100001

Seiko Orange Monster

web.jpg?ver=12573555160001

Seiko Chronograph

web.jpg?ver=12573555190001

I like to wear something unique. Only 100 of these handwound Jellymon, W+K and Shanghai Watch Co. collab pieces in existence. Makes for a great conversation piece.

3026712378_42eb28c4d8.jpg

Nice to see another fan of Chinese watches here. You got any more? I love looking at Chinese watches, especially vintage ones. I only have the Tianjin 1963 air force watch (re-issue)

Nice to see another fan of Chinese watches here. You got any more? I love looking at Chinese watches, especially vintage ones. I only have the Tianjin 1963 air force watch (re-issue)

That's the only Chinese watch I have so far, but I do like the look of the air force watch you bought! Found this great photo of it on Flickr

2578780742_e41d0ae36e.jpg

I'm thinking of getting the simpler version... would go well with my flight jacket. Looks like these were only made for export though, can't get them in China.

480033884_cacc5abf41.jpg

anyone with an opinion on tissot?

Newtrail4.jpg

this took my eye and is on the cheap. tissot classic dream. otherwise the le locle as posted above looks nice, too. both might be a touch on the thick side for me, though.

any other suggestions? budget 500:

clean, classic lines

thin

black face

leather band

i think ill get this when i get my graduate degree

simple but awesome. not ridiculously expensive like panerai.

jomashop_2075_297534785

I've loved all the Mark IWC's... it's a great choice... I'd go with the bracelet version myself

if you're looking for symplicity, i've get a mark xv or earlier. the xvi went away from the military feel. it's bigger than the earlier versions and is more dressy, with the polished case. more modern with the redone hands.

depends on what you're looking for i guess.

love the white on black datewheel though.