lets talk watches

poopie boy

Guest TheCatalyticMind

I think my girl is got me a Burberry watch for Christmas ><

Love her to death, im just hoping its not too ostentatious.

What can expect quality/movement/etc wise?

Got this today.. birthday present for my wife.

Excuse the poor photos, it's dark in here..

Gold/Silver DateJust

IMG_2128.jpg

IMG_2130.jpg

nice. acrylic? early 80s? and is that a purple face?

I'm constantly impressed by your watch knowledge...

Mid-80's, acrylic, dead-stock, navy face, 18K gold bezel.

very nice. i usually don't like two-tone, but the blue face pulls it together.

what's the case size? i've been trying to get my wife to wear real watches, but she won't b/c they're too big on her.

It's a 36mm bezel, looks great on women if worn slightly loose.

My wife likes larger watches on small wrists so it works out, not that 36mm is large in today's watch world.

looks a bit smaller , stretched from the lens.

You got a different color though. I would've got the same color as you, but I already have my Seiko SNK807 for a beater. I also agree that the strap is still as fuck, I hate it. Maybe it'll break in nicely when we wear it out more. And to the person that thinks the watch is too big for your wrist, I do think it's the angle because I have skinny wrists and it looks alright in my shot. I also dislike the crown because it scratches the shit outta my wrist when it shifts a little bit. Overall, nice watch. +Rep

hey guys

tried looking through this whole thread but didn't see much anything that could help

i'm looking for something with a square case and a round face with a minimal bezel, highly visible markers/easy to read, lume or tritium, and automatic GMT or better (dont know shiet about movement). i'm on a budget am not really looking for a high end brand, just something that looks nice and works to replace my fckin 38mm rubber nooka thing ive been wearing since highschool.

I found these two that i like for around 85, Parnis B&R homages w/ automatic gmt movement (confirmed by a few ppl on watchuseek fora, they seem to like this watch for what it is)

PN-037-2.jpg

PN-108.jpg

the only prob is that its fckin 46mm, and im sure because its a square watch it will wear even larger. i have azn wrists and i'm reluctant to go over 37-38mm. any suggestions? should i avoid the whole square case look altogether?? i have horrible taste and no experience with watches :|

EDIT: so it's like 5:30am and i've been researching watches like crazy wtf, turns out this one doesn't have lume on the hands.. only th e dial.. makes no sense, not rly a prob since im never w/o a flashlight, but cmon.. i will look into these B&R type cases..

You got a different color though. I would've got the same color as you, but I already have my Seiko SNK807 for a beater. I also agree that the strap is still as fuck, I hate it. Maybe it'll break in nicely when we wear it out more. And to the person that thinks the watch is too big for your wrist, I do think it's the angle because I have skinny wrists and it looks alright in my shot. I also dislike the crown because it scratches the shit outta my wrist when it shifts a little bit. Overall, nice watch. +Rep

why not just get a new strap if the stock one sucks? as for the size it looks big for your wrists also in your shot, but it is a nice watch for what it is. there are plenty of companies that do the aviator style but with smaller cases like 43 - 44mm which would probably look alot better for people with small wrists.

hey guys

tried looking through this whole thread but didn't see much anything that could help

i'm looking for something with a square case and a round face with a minimal bezel, highly visible markers/easy to read, lume or tritium, and automatic GMT or better (dont know shiet about movement). i'm on a budget am not really looking for a high end brand, just something that looks nice and works to replace my fckin 38mm rubber nooka thing ive been wearing since highschool.

I found these two that i like for around 85, Parnis B&R homages w/ automatic gmt movement (confirmed by a few ppl on watchuseek fora, they seem to like this watch for what it is)

PN-037-2.jpg

PN-108.jpg

the only prob is that its fckin 46mm, and im sure because its a square watch it will wear even larger. i have azn wrists and i'm reluctant to go over 37-38mm. any suggestions? should i avoid the whole square case look altogether?? i have horrible taste and no experience with watches :|

EDIT: so it's like 5:30am and i've been researching watches like crazy wtf, turns out this one doesn't have lume on the hands.. only th e dial.. makes no sense, not rly a prob since im never w/o a flashlight, but cmon.. i will look into these B&R type cases..

whats your budget? better be more than $200 if you want a automatic GMT movement. as for the square thing you can still wear square watches just not these huge 46mm monsters.

^ ehhh i would rather just try to keep it under $100 w/ a chinese manufactured homage just to get a feel of the whole watch world kinda thing before dropping $$$. people on watchuseek have confirmed that it does have automatic gmt movement, they mentioned parnis uses the same movements as "sea-gull" which is another popular chinese manf. tbh i dont know much about movement, i just assumed automatic gmt was the easiest to maintain for noobs. i suppose at this price i could look into cheaper alternatives if they're not too horrible (quartz?? iono).

and yeah the original B&Rs are also 46mm, so most homages are the same dimensions. Was hoping for something more reasonable around 38mm, 40mm max.

i've heard pretty good things about Parnis.. it's just their designs that are a little lackluster

and the straps always suck

word. im not really looking for anything too fancy or baller, esp if im gonna wear an homage watch, i just like the BR style because it's highly visible (at the cost of wearing very large..)

as far as the straps go it doesn't really bother me because i was hoping to slap on a NATO band from countycomm or something while i pick up some other edc gear. i also figure i could get a watchmaker to switch hands w/ something w/ lume??

for under 100 bucks i feel like its pretty safe, esp considering i paid over 100 for this goddamn rubber nooka watch.

EDIT: lol fck they dont even make 26mm NATO bands :(