lets talk watches

poopie boy

soooo i found a good deal on this seiko automatic

srp027k1.jpg

but it's 43mm, 50mm lug to lug i believe

here's a wristshot of my dad's 1959 gmt master, which is believe is something like 38-40mm?? not sure, but eh:

52426536bfea7475e7a0b07.jpg

do you think a 43mm is pushing it? ill try to find a store w/ a similar size seiko and try it on. suggestions appreciated :)

soooo i found a good deal on this seiko automatic

srp027k1.jpg

but it's 43mm, 50mm lug to lug i believe

here's a wristshot of my dad's 1959 gmt master, which is believe is something like 38-40mm?? not sure, but eh:

do you think a 43mm is pushing it? ill try to find a store w/ a similar size seiko and try it on. suggestions appreciated :)

I have the same watch diff colorway

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=2052231&postcount=1416

I'd say go to a store and try on a similar looking and same size watch, the srp027 probably does wear alot bigger than the size since its bezel is so thin which makes the watch face/dial alot bigger. but its a great watch I'd say go for it if you like it

i know, i know, low end... the SCVS013 has been discussed a few times here, i'd like one but i'm on the fence as to whether it's a bit too dressy for every day wear. the design is classic, but i wear jeans & t-shirts 99% of the time.

sscvs013a.jpg

i'm looking at this as an entry-level watch and have pretty skinny wrists. haven't worn one for years but i'm getting sick of using my cell. i'm looking at a few others but just wanted specific opinions on this. thanks.

man this watch is beautiful! Where would I find one of these from a legit seller?

i like swatches for their looks and none of the automatics are my style.

my uncle has an amazing watch collection and gives me anything i want for as long as i want. i have 3 weddings this year and he's sending me a brand new iwc that he just got. i'm not sure of the model but i'll post pics when it arrives. i'll be ballin and telling everyone it's mine :D

i like swatches for their looks and none of the automatics are my style.

my uncle has an amazing watch collection and gives me anything i want for as long as i want. i have 3 weddings this year and he's sending me a brand new iwc that he just got. i'm not sure of the model but i'll post pics when it arrives. i'll be ballin and telling everyone it's mine :D

LOL awesome yeah post pics when you do get it

I'd say go to a store and try on a similar looking and same size watch, the srp027 probably does wear alot bigger than the size since its bezel is so thin which makes the watch face/dial alot bigger. but its a great watch I'd say go for it if you like it

LOL FCK

didnt have time to try one on

but the deal expires today

so i copped, then found mad coupon codes

got it for $175 shipped

I just got that Sinn 356 Flieger (it's a normal Acrylic crystal and not Sa as I thought) on bracelet (used but in normal condition) for 98,000Y shipped. Gonna add a rubber strap with clasp and call it a day.

I had some more money earmarked for my watch so I am gonna use it as the meager beginnings of a fund for a dress watch I think...

U-Boat seems to do what it does pretty well. More power to you if you've got the wrist and the little bit of swagger to wear one. I do like the more simplistic faces like Dchill's a little more than the chrono versions.

Pics of my new/old Rolex Air King on the way. Very excited about the first Rolex in the collection.

Got this handed down from my old man on Christmas. Rose face, very understated. The Air King gets overlooked too often and I'm happy to have it in my modest collection.

The smaller, 34mm face looks perfectly fine on my wrist.

Might have the TG guys see if they can fab up a leather band in the near future.

2d9zcls.jpg

qn2npy.jpg

That's a beautiful watch man. I like hand-me-down stuff. Has some history, ya know? I have a really old Woolrich sweater from my dad that he wore skiing for 20 years and it's still awesome (currently on loan to a friend).

On a side note: after wearing my watch for like a week, I sort of feel naked without it.

if you ain;t a pilot or some other military personnel you shouldn;t be wearing no 65mm shits just ridiculous if you a reg 9-5 Joe schmo

definitely. lookin like p diddy or somethin.

i want a bamford customized submariner

image1pj.png

late pass, but love the "FUCKYEAH"

my problem with the bamfords is that people will just assume it's fake.

some would indeed, but if you know a little bit about watched you can tell it's the real deal.

the thing is that you can get a submariner and have it PVD treated for like $250, which is way cheaper than the £8500 bamford asks for the one i just created.