superconfessional

my mom asked me what hipster dance is

i said that the dance floor at a hipster party looks like it should be surrounded by quotation marks. While punk, disco and hip hop all had immersive, intimate and energetic dance styles that liberated the dancer from his/her mental states – be it the head-spinning b-boy or violent thrashings of a live punk show – the hipster has more of a joke dance. A faux shrug shuffle that mocks the very idea of dancing or, at its best, illustrates a non-committal fear of expression typified in a weird twitch/ironic twist. The dancers are too self-aware to let themselves feel any form of liberation; they shuffle along, shrugging themselves into oblivion.

my mom asked me what hipster dance is

i said that the dance floor at a hipster party looks like it should be surrounded by quotation marks. While punk, disco and hip hop all had immersive, intimate and energetic dance styles that liberated the dancer from his/her mental states – be it the head-spinning b-boy or violent thrashings of a live punk show – the hipster has more of a joke dance. A faux shrug shuffle that mocks the very idea of dancing or, at its best, illustrates a non-committal fear of expression typified in a weird twitch/ironic twist. The dancers are too self-aware to let themselves feel any form of liberation; they shuffle along, shrugging themselves into oblivion.

Who's the bigger (**EDITED OUT BC WILD HOMOPHOBIC**)

? The guy posting Adbusters copy, or the guy who recognizes it without having to google it.

Edited by Halifamous

tbh i also hate hanging out with stereotypical stoners... the type that just get high, eat, watch shitty tv shows, and talk about weed.
yeah that sounds AWFUL
Who's the bigger fag? The guy posting Adbusters copy, or the guy who recognizes it without having to google it.
it's both of you

I'm having severe jealousy issues with some of my former classmates over the work they're getting and a feeling they don't "deserve" it. It blew up today after seeing an image on one of their websites that is a massive rip off of something I saw on the internet 18 months ago.

I'm having severe jealousy issues with some of my former classmates over the work they're getting and a feeling they don't "deserve" it. It blew up today after seeing an image on one of their websites that is a massive rip off of something I saw on the internet 18 months ago.

Boy do I know this feeling. I've seen former classmates getting tons of work, even taking work from me, who I think are no-talent hacks. But they're no-talent hacks who know how to convincingly tell people that they are the best at what they do. And they provide their substandard product right on schedule without any "problems". So the people hiring them don't know any better.

It's enough to make a guy want to re-adjust his line of business....

this weekend was crazy, and unfortunately i got arrested, again. there were probably 300+ kids at this outdoor party when the cops crashed it. everyone was chanting "fuck the police" and guess who gets nabbed for it, me. they booked me for disorderly conduct, but since i have some priors, im gonna need a lawyer... no jawns for me for a while.