superconfessional

you ought to be careful what you wish for kenny

if a girl starts stalking you she becomes possessive (whether her conscious mind will admit it or not)

her sense of entitlement may very well make for embarrassing public situations and cockblocking down the line

stalking is desperation, which is great for a one night stand but unless youre into girls without autonomy, not for any long term affair (which presumably is exactly what she wants)

if you indulge her even for a little bit, once you take that away her obsession will likely turn to hatred

if someone is crazy enough to stalk you

once you get her physically and emotionally invested

she is probably crazy enough to break into your home

i mean you could probably get a decent amount of sex with a nutso (which really may be worth all the repercussions)

and if shes cute and youre clever about it you could definitely use her for +rep with other ladies

but honestly if a girl is stalking you and you act on it, eventually youre going to get fucked

almond is 100% on that.. in the end you will get fuckd... strangely enough back a couple years i remember a teacher telling us about a situation where he was stalked by a lady friend and then assualted (attemptd rape).. made for a very awkward moment of silence in class...dont really remember why he brought it up though...

The contents of my Lacie drive are a small fortune in music shit, mostly Gigastudio. Naturally not paid for (I'd rather put my cash into more hardware than shit I can rip off of bittorrent that will be made obsolete by an update a year later).

Would be an absolute pain in the ass if it decided to kick it some time in the next 9 months.

do you fucking care if I fucking ask what was on your fucking drive that was worth 1600 fucking dollars?
How much information did you recover from the drive, what was the problem? .. And which company did the recovery work for you?

Over the summer I spent about $600 in total (including the price of a new hard drive) to recover 500 GB worth of information.

About 300 GB. As embarrassing as this is, I plugged an incorrect power source into it, left for about 5 minutes and came back to a smoking heap of burnt plastic.........

The hard drive had every piece of music I own, every photo I have taken since I was 12, music I have made, etc., etc. It could have been cheaper, but no one could get the disc to spin because the logic board was fucked. I used a fairly well known company to do everything..........the damage was abnormally severe given the circumstances.

The contents of my Lacie drive are a small fortune in music shit, mostly Gigastudio. Naturally not paid for (I'd rather put my cash into more hardware than shit I can rip off of bittorrent that will be made obsolete by an update a year later).

Would be an absolute pain in the ass if it decided to kick it some time in the next 9 months.

Yeah, the majority of my music (well over 100K tracks), was not pirated, so $1600 was a small price to pay, considering.

About 300 GB. As embarrassing as this is, I plugged an incorrect power source into it, left for about 5 minutes and came back to a smoking heap of burnt plastic.........

This is so fucking easy to do with a bunch of audio hardware it's unreal... shit needs to start using kettle leads as standard rather than having external power adapters. Or at least have unique power supplies that can't be mixed up, like my Lacie drive.

I mixed up my Korg MS2000 and KAOSS pad the other day, turns out they have different voltages on their supplies, thankfully nothing exploded.

I once put a 220 adapter on my printer's plug, we had transformers but I wasn't thinking. I heard a sound, the lights went out and then I smelled smoke.

England you might want to consider storing your data on something slightly safer than a hard drive. The cheap, practical solution is an array of hard drives. The expensive, bothersome, but pretty much invulnerable solution is putting that shit on tapes.

Yeah, I actually make backup DVDs with all my shit when I remember, but I still didn't have 50% of it backed up. I bought a new computer with a 500GB internal drive, so now I'll have that + an external drive for safety.

This is so fucking easy to do with a bunch of audio hardware it's unreal... shit needs to start using kettle leads as standard rather than having external power adapters. Or at least have unique power supplies that can't be mixed up, like my Lacie drive.

I mixed up my Korg MS2000 and KAOSS pad the other day, turns out they have different voltages on their supplies, thankfully nothing exploded.

Tell me about it!

The hard drive had every piece of music I own, every photo I have taken since I was 12, music I have made, etc., etc. It could have been cheaper, but no one could get the disc to spin because the logic board was fucked. I used a fairly well known company to do everything..........the damage was abnormally severe given the circumstances.

Yeah, the majority of my music (well over 100K tracks), was not pirated, so $1600 was a small price to pay, considering.

Yeah, I had similar information on my drive .. but I can see why it cost so much now after reading about how it got damaged. My drive just randomly crashed, there was no physical damage to it.

But I would recommend you dedicating a couple days to just sit down and back up all your information onto DVDs. It took me a couple days to back everything up and about 80 DVDs, but it was worth it.

i turn 26 today. i'm olddddddddddddddddd

Happy birthday nigga, I hope to never reach that old age. Want me to proxy you a walking stick? I'll throw some Supleme tags for free.

fuck

someone insisted I download 'virtual dj' said it's cool for fucking around, maybe just make a mix to play in the car. So I get it off oink, install it. Serial code works, program opens. But music wont play, track progress bar thingy is not moving. So I get mad and close it. Open itunes and now none of my music plays, same thing. No sound, no movement in bar. WMP pops up and says it doesnt have access to the file (tried like 5 now). Not all are mp3's, I even tried a couple different file types.

But, I can hear solitaire sounds just fine.

WTF.

edit: windows update last night I think, my computer was restarted..and I dled the newest AIM, which now prompts some .Net framework error whenever I open it. Ugh.

Don't remember, sorry. And I don't have any invites. You don't get any until you become a Power User+ or donate a little. Well, I'm poor and my ratio is subpar. So you'll all have to wait if you want one from me.