superconfessional

i feel like it's a little different nowadays.

Everyday an older person tells me that some thing about today's society is nothing like how it was when they or their parents were growing up.. or they've never seen anything like this or that in their entire life.

Obviously this is normal for any generational gap.. but everyday that gap is expanding at an accelerated pace.

Children now are more regimented and geared towards specific expertness than ever in modern history. Theyre unbalanced and keyed up on technology (which has seen record growth in even the past 3 years let alone 10). Their parents have them thinking about college entry at 5th grade, I know people who still cant settle on a major after several years of already being in school.. and not to mention as the world unifies competition increases.

I dunno it seems to me more than ever its time to plan.. or at the very least have some sort of a direction.. Because unless magically things cool down and everyone takes a chill pill (or a couple xanbars) nowadays theres just far less wiggle room than ever.

i dunno, the world has always been moving towards increased specialization and, derived from that, efficiency.

maybe you're hanging with too many old people.

an interesting line

yea i dunno. old people are really pessimistic these days youre right. And sure maybe things will just work out and we'll all get a long without major catastrophe.

maybe im on 60 minutes and goosh isnt some ugly asian guy hiding behind a blackface avatar.

But we have more people living on the earth today than have ever died in the history of mankind. Things are more and more efficient and you need less people to get things done. So you have an unfathomable amount of people who are more or less becoming useless to society, and an incredibly specialized workforce that cannot be sustained by the current rate of even the international economy....

so whatr you gonna do? sit around and play with your dick until you figure out what you want to be when you grow up??

II burned the bottom of a pot because I put water in the double boiling attachment, rather than in the pot itself. Now I owe my friend's roommate a new fucking pot, and it won't even be the same one because I think this one is from 10 years ago or something.

Fuck my idiocy.

Oh and fuck drama.

I guarantee you can clean it w/ oven cleaner and a stainless steel scrubby. TRUST. This plus gift/favor would probably be cheaper/easier. Unless it's enameled, you can get anything as good or better than it was before with a little work. (Cooklifeforalongtimewhatever.)

Co-sign on anti-agism shit.

When it comes to livin I say just don't do anything you REALLY don't wanna do. It's a lot easier to have the courage to do whatever you want when you are younger and there are less or no consequences for fuckin up or failure, but if you want to do something forever, who cares; your mum and dad?

Power and good times are only temporary anyway. Don't get locked down in a terrible life regardless of what that means for you.

I have a big presentation due on Thursday. So far all of the presentations have been pretty stellar and intellectual, although some weren't. Sometimes the professor brings out these crazy on the spot questions that he will just interrupt the presenter with. Idk, I just hope I can get my argument in order.

I did not mean that people needed to act their age, or be on a schedule, i just think there is a time and place to be a scumbag, not tipping, stealing drinks from the bar, and a time to be buying, or at least tipping your friends givin em to ya.

The charm of a "get over on people do nothing" wears off as we get older, at least to me, how i used to do it. But fuck it, keep doin what you do as long as you want, but dont be surprised if some doors are closed to you that were once open based on the "freedom" you wanted to have.

There are not many 40 year old rock stars (only example i can think of right now), at least ones that got in to it at that age. But sure, you can find a bar gig and pass around the pitcher and feel like something still happening, maybe it is, but not how you once wanted it, not really.

life is precious concept.

A couple kids ding dong ditched me two days ago (I saw them scatter through the window). Then as i was getting the mail yesterday, I saw them do it to the neighboring apartment building. Well today, I'm half asleep on the couch, and there is a loud cop-like banging on my door.

In my half-sleep drowsiness, i got up, threw open the door, and I ran after them barefoot. I catch up with them, two asians with band instruments and a mop-headed kid in Dunks, and I just had to stand there for a second thinking, "Am I really at that point in my life where I can yell at kids for doing stupid kid stuff?"

By that point since I had already committed that much, I pretty much had to...

These days, i'm reselling a lot of clothes that i bought at a time, i realize now that i don't wanna put all my money in fashion/clothes.

I need to invest more in music, i have 8 effect pedals and still no pedal board, every gig is a nightmare to set up.

superconfession

last night, i was paging through a lane bryant catalog. came across a model, thought "i'd tag that."

came across another model, thought "i'd tag that, too."

lane bryant

in high school i was walking around the mall with my girlfriend at the time. we passed by lane bryant and i turned to her and asked, "how come you never shop there?" haha, she completely flipped out. shit was hilarious. had no idea it was for fat women at the time. she was bi-polar too, that didn't help.

^Just think of it as a guest coming to visit for a while.

My confession is that my best friend of 16 years announced his engagement to his girlfriend of a year and a half yesterday and I know it's the end of our friendship. He is 22. The first thing I asked was "Are you getting a pre-nup?". SMH @ marrying for love AND immigration status when you are finishing an MA in creative writing.

i'm cynical about the whole marriage thing since my oldest sister caught her fiancé (they'd been together for over 4 years) cheating on her with his underage cousin. then my other sister got married and her husband, still not over the suicide of his mother over ten years earlier, had a kid with another woman while they were still together.

my aunt recently divorced my uncle after twenty years of marriage, and her son (my cousin who is the same age as me) no longer talks to her.

it's like, how the hell am i suppose to go find a woman to love when it appears that everyone fucks everyone else over.

anyways, sometimes i forget to brush my teeth 4 a couple days.

You know, that being said, at the moment I'm one of the people that can't really afford to make a $40 goodies box and ship too-- so I don't participate. See how easy that was?

Well this goes with a fact that nobody wants to mention- I bet the majority of people on here spend beyond their means regularly.. The rest either got that money from ma and pa, and the small minority got their shit together. I should know, I've been all three at various points (being the third is the hardest obviously).