superconfessional

it's probably obvious, but i'll just add that a lot of emotions are too complex to be adequately explained/solved in superconfessional

(edit: this is why shrinks make $$$)

but if writing about it on a tite pants board helps, no reason not to keep doing it

haha yes it is pretty weird and i always regret it later, but it's ok :P i like repping people usually cause in public is scary for me but some things are just too long. and also sometimes i dont want to seem like i am trying to impose my opinion on people cause that's so annoying. x_x

ironically, much of the rest of this board is about trying to impose your opinion on others

anyway, if i ever sound like i'm doing that it's because i'm a) older than a lot of yall and therefore foolishly believe i have some perspective to offer, and B) surrounded by lawyerz at work

lol i know I was thinking about that earlier.

Posting here is useful, because there are tons of ppl on the board and maybe some of them can offer useful advice, like inaya just did. It probably seems really attention-whoring of me but it ended up working, so yeah..

I think I got this from my dad...

Whenever I'm driving and it's raining (which is often sufu pnw ftw) I always seem to take note of the speed of everyone else's windshield wipers and (sort of) intentionally set mine lower. to show off my driving skills I guess? sometimes I can't see shit but I will still just use the manual wiper even though I know nobody is looking at my windshield or would give a shit anyway but somehow I've associated higher windshield wiper settings with being a pussy.

always a competitive driver concept

I feel like I've been sinking lower and lower into a blue funk lately, more so than before. Must be something to do with waiting for the outcome of my applications, but also Spring fever creeping up on me, feeling lonely and disconnected during my day-to-day interactions, and just generally being in a haze about everything.

Anyways, my day was pretty ho-hum until I got to Painting this afternoon. As we were constructing our new canvases, my teacher came in, jacket, bag and all, and instructed us to put everything down that we were working on, grab our jackets/bags/etc. and follow her out to the parking lot. So I get out there, and everyone else is about 20 steps behind me, I see she has one of the school vans on. Obviously field-trip.

We all pile in the van and ask her where we are going, but she refuses to tell us. Finally as we're nearing our destination, we notice we've arrived at the Staten Island Zoo. The moment I realized we were going to the Zoo, my day perked up (infinitely).

So we go in, and it's probably the most pathetic zoo you've ever seen. Cracked plexi-glass on the tanks, depressed animals, smells like shit - basically anything that could be wrong with a Zoo while still allowing it to function at the base levels was going on at this place. But just the sheer fact that it was so bizarre, so utterly and ridiculously run-down and ghetto, and straight up CHEESY made me grin ear to ear.

We stuck around for about 45 minutes and did some drawings for possible subjects of our next painting, but my day got 100% better just by seeing what a ridiculous and bizarre place Staten Island is.

EDIT: if I could, I would post the pictures I took on my phone of how hilarious the Zoo is.

Zoos have been ruined for me utterly. There is a weird little zoo on the way to my cottage called "Jungle Cat world" and these dudes have tigers and shit in cages on their lawn...

ok its a bitttt more legit than that but the fact still is that they have fucking lions in 50x50 wire enclosures....no wonder animals in zoos are all depressed and insane.

that's one of the most bizarre ocd jumpoffs i've ever heard

I was gonna say the same thing. My OCD has been in overdrive lately. Everything from making sure wires aren't touching any boxes or fabric under my bed (so a fire doesn't start and kill me in my sleep) to walking a block down the street then walking back to make sure I locked my car (which I always did).

When i'm with company I can keep it in check by forcing myself to ignore myself , but i've been solo dolo more and more lately and haven't been doing a good job controlling it. I never let it get seriously out of control, but this sort of thing tends to come and go with me.

I think I got this from my dad...

Whenever I'm driving and it's raining (which is often sufu pnw ftw) I always seem to take note of the speed of everyone else's windshield wipers and (sort of) intentionally set mine lower. to show off my driving skills I guess? sometimes I can't see shit but I will still just use the manual wiper even though I know nobody is looking at my windshield or would give a shit anyway but somehow I've associated higher windshield wiper settings with being a pussy.

always a competitive driver concept

Crazy, I'm the same way. Especially when its like sprinkling/lightly raining and people have there wipers on full blast; I just think to myself pussys, I don't need that shit.

Zoos have been ruined for me utterly. There is a weird little zoo on the way to my cottage called "Jungle Cat world" and these dudes have tigers and shit in cages on their lawn...

ok its a bitttt more legit than that but the fact still is that they have fucking lions in 50x50 wire enclosures....no wonder animals in zoos are all depressed and insane.

You're not talking about the Orono Cat Zoo are you?

i listen to this every morning getting ready..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfgHdHfgVyE

soooo fucking cooool..

ha, glad you admitted to this

i still remember sitting in my parents' basement by myself the night jordan won his last title

when the closing credits rolled, they played this montage with 'i believe i can fly' over it

i love that song

i always wonder why you bother putting makeup on, you don't need it. and even though i always tell you that you're beautiful, i repeat it. cause i don't want no singer, and i don't want no model, and i don't want a fashion designer, or nothing. i just want your love, i'm telling you that's more than enough for me.