Show us your leather

aleopold

Coach leather products (my girlfriend bought them for me, at the Coach factory outlet) are probably sacrilege here, as most of you have artisan leather. Lot's of nice stuff here!

Can't wait to commission a new belt from someone on the forums! Who should I go with? So many choices....

I got these at the same time and they were both the same color. Now the money clip has a nice patina, with tons of denim stains.

I've been using the card holder for about 3 weeks now, and I treated it with Obenauf's LP before I ever used it. Which is great stuff, for any leather product!

bWNAn.jpg

uUFVp.jpg

Adyrd.jpg

whats a good place to pick up a nice leather wallet that I can watch change color over time?

Don't have too much money and When I was checking out flathead, IH, and other SE wallets, I cried a little. Anywhere to pick up something like that for cheaper?

whats a good place to pick up a nice leather wallet that I can watch change color over time?

Don't have too much money and When I was checking out flathead, IH, and other SE wallets, I cried a little. Anywhere to pick up something like that for cheaper?

I'm no leather expert so take it with a grain of salt, but I really like my Tanner Goods bi-fold, and it only costed me 72 bones. You might check that out...

i definitely vouch for Angelos Leather . Their work and product are top notch, I cant recommend them enough.

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/cell83262000

Hit Chris up with an email, he usually quite quick at replying

Wallet ranges around $150...

and also not forgetting the good people at Obbigood, Corter and other craftmen who actively contribute to this thread...

^ +1 on the Angelos recommendation.

Pricing is fantastic, but the care and consideration that's gone into making his leather goods are just amazing. The edge burnishing on his wallets is something you'd only find on products by higher-end workshops or very dedicated craftsmen.

This:

p1250040.jpg

p1260005w.jpg

Tenjin Works

New

DSCN1706.jpg

1.5 years later. A few application of Mustang Paste. Never sun tanned.

DSC_0741.jpg

DSC_0742.jpg

DSC_0743.jpg

Close up

DSC_0744.jpg

Good stuff!

Had always admired Tenjin works

Can I check did the wallet have a sheen to it when it was new? I was watching the d-bros clips and those tenjin wallets were incredibly shiny!

Going to document and keep track of my own Veg Tan leather progress. It will be done diligently with every months update, hopefully at the end of this project, it will be helpful to those who are interested.

Start Date : 18 April 2011

Leather used: Premium Natural Vegetable Tanned Leathers (Old English Tannery)

Descriptions:

- 3-4oz (approx 2-3mm thick)

- Super soft, buttery

- No blemishes, no scars, but growth grains visible.

- Top grain hide

Decided to make a Tri-Fold style wallet, because of larger surface area for more prominent aging in future.

And as I'm too used to using a 2 button Workwear Style wallet, I have made it with the same concept. The best way to use a wallet in my opinion, even better than classic bi-folds.

Newly made, fresh without any conditioner

P4183202.jpg

P4183204.jpg

Applied 2 coats of Mustang Paste.

The leather turned slightly darker, but may not be obvious on pics or probably different lighting

P4183221.jpg

P4183222.jpg

Some close-ups

P4183206.jpg

P4183208.jpg

P4183209.jpg

Burnished side

P4183213.jpg

Lastly, the fit. around half inch out of Samurai S500JX

P4183237.jpg

Check on my blog for more pics and monthly updates. Like I mentioned, I hope it will be a good documentary for future :)

hey for those of you who have ordered a belt from corter leather before...how long does it take to get it? Also do you get tracking numbers or anything? It's been about 3 weeks, and I sent him emails a week ago asking for tracking number etc and I haven't gotten a response....anyone know whatsup?

hey for those of you who have ordered a belt from corter leather before...how long does it take to get it? Also do you get tracking numbers or anything? It's been about 3 weeks, and I sent him emails a week ago asking for tracking number etc and I haven't gotten a response....anyone know whatsup?

My wallet took 7 weeks to arrive and no tracking number was provided...while I was quite frustrated and on the verge of requesting a refund it was well worth the wait for an amazing product that will last and look good for a very long time

I'm in the same boat. Haven't sent him any e-mails though.

That's honestly really annoying...and probably bad for his business. I was going to buy a wallet...but now....considering it takes seven weeks....

Well actually this IS my first time buying any custom leather good, so maybe it just takes this long for all of them I guess. Guess Ill find out someday. Probably gonna order a wallet elsewhere

^ Nice!

How does it compare to the Brazilian leather you guys have been using so far?

Which tannery is it from?

haha, I know I'll get this question from you, Mike :)

Unfortunately, I dont have the answer too, but I'll make it a point to ask the supplier when we see them next trip.

The Brazilian leathers we got are generally thicker and mainly for belts making.

This premium leathers are equivalent standards of Hermann Oak grade A tooling leathers. I'd like to test run these before going further on supplies.

That's honestly really annoying...and probably bad for his business. I was going to buy a wallet...but now....considering it takes seven weeks....

Well actually this IS my first time buying any custom leather good, so maybe it just takes this long for all of them I guess. Guess Ill find out someday. Probably gonna order a wallet elsewhere

Patience young grasshopper. I definitely understand the frustration with not getting an email, but I suspect that these things can take a long time to produce.

I'm thinking about ordering a midlength and rein, and I think I've settled on the OGL Guard Angel. Does anyone have one of these? The pics on the OGL site don't show the interior. Also,what does the wait time on these usually run? I want this for vacation in late June/early July.

Patience young grasshopper. I definitely understand the frustration with not getting an email, but I suspect that these things can take a long time to produce.

Thank you elder grasshopper. I will take your wisdom into consideration.

+rep haha

Yeah, 7 weeks is absurd though. Tanner Goods took 2 weeks tops for a bifold wallet.

As promised..more clear image for this wallet.Any body can tell if its tooled or carved,previous issue shell cordovan or horse hide.If this new image could help.

PIC_1639.jpg

PIC_1653.jpg

PIC_1641.jpg

PIC_1642.jpg

indigo stains

PIC_1651.jpg

thick and quite heavy.sorry for large image this have to go big.

3 month wear.