Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

no such thing as too thick! haha, I understand man, i'm pretty sure mine and tanners are similar, mine are completely hand cut. I haven't seen one after a few months though, I'd like to see how they age. Reminds me, I need to take a break from customs to get more regular belts made.

There was a picture of the inside of the belt a few pages back, but for some reason I forgot to post the fron.

Anyhow, I made this belt at the same time when I made my wallet, around 1.5 - 2 years ago.

I don´t have any before pictures, but the leather was like your average untreated leather wallet in color and it has darkened quite a bit. Also notice the amount of indigo on the inside.

beltpd2.jpg

no such thing as too thick! haha, I understand man, i'm pretty sure mine and tanners are similar, mine are completely hand cut. I haven't seen one after a few months though, I'd like to see how they age. Reminds me, I need to take a break from customs to get more regular belts made.

for some reason i want to say that tanner is hand cut as well. or they used to be, that's why each belt was cut to order.

well these are the before pictures, got it in the mail today, not sure if I should tan the natural parts or not, since sunlight is kinda rare over here now...

hv2wzk.jpg

2v2t6c1.jpg

2rpzbbl.jpg

f54rpu.jpg

Here is a picture of my old wallet...its the original Nudie wallet, handmade by the folks at Jeanspaleis...this is one of the 50 that they made, a lot of them were given to the people at Nudie and ended up in a bunch of their look books. It's a lot nicer than the ones produced by Nudie.

6005523f.jpg

And I got some better pics of the details of my Flat Head Wallet:

472327e9.jpg

534c6607.jpg

99a13675.jpg

16bb7860.jpg

beautiful pictures everyone! what color did that nudie wallet start as? any older pics?

That is the first picture I have taken of it...I wore it for a year and a few months. Let me see if I can dig up some pictures of what they looked like brand new.

Wow, I actually didn't realize how much time changed this guy...I am impressed. The "new" pics are originally from Jeanspaleis via mynudies.com.

21838650.jpg

a3c7b7e3.jpg

1d030a4a.jpg

950e4a47.jpg

beautiful pictures everyone! what color did that nudie wallet start as? any older pics?
That is the first picture I have taken of it...I wore it for a year and a few months. Let me see if I can dig up some pictures of what they looked like brand new.

Hmm. I'm guessing this wasn't yours tmadd, but this was the one I remember seeing (I don't remember to whom it belongs to or how old it is; will credit/correct if informed)

(the Jeanspaleis one looks overtanned, or at least the lighting is weird)

nudiewallet2.jpg

nudiewallet3.jpg

I think I am going to try and really clean up the Nudie wallet...get rid of the indigo stains and such if possible. Anyone have any suggestions for a deep clean?

I've never seen the Flat Head wallet in person, is it just the photos or does it have two different thread colors?

Good catch. Your answer is that the threads are pretty obviously different now, but they start out the same. The exterior threads seem to have lost the yellow tint (I assume an attribute of the waxing that the cow tendon thread receives) and gained some indigo stains.