Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

my keyhook has fallen off so many times...

if you have a big belt loop, it helps!

what i did to mine was i tied a rubberband to close off the gap where my keys are, and it helps to close the gap between the hook and my belt loops. i hope that made sense.

has anyone else's keyhook tarnished around the center ball? looks kinda cool.

here's an update on my flathead coin case i don't ever use anymore.

IMG_5024.jpg

IMG_5025.jpg

IMG_5026.jpg

how it used to look:

fbd2a301.jpg

I bent the shit out of my FH key holder a couple of weeks ago (similar to deadpan's story), and it looks kinda retarded now that I bent it back.. My keys haven't fallen off yet, but I still would like a nice thick key ring.

Yeah mine was bent all over the shot. S5000 belt loop won. Silver keyhook lost-bad. I have a thick keyring on there. At first mine really pissed me off since it didn't go back straight, and I thought about having it rounded back by a silversmith, but it's kinda grown on me now.

ahhh...i dont have that one, i have the steel one. silver seemed a bit too soft for me...guess i made the right decision

yeah I wondered that too...but it was surprisingly tough to remould after I bent it out of shape-really hurt my fingers/table. Had a general reaction when people see it of being scared of keys falling off, but once you see how it works with a big keyring it's quite safe-unless you attach a key to a bench that's bolted to the ground, and then stand up:D... How's the steel one? Oh yeah and pm'd you a few times last week...you get them?;)

I'm in need of some urgent advice, so today was gonna be the last tanning session for my redmoon belt, the color already was quite nice, but I was thinking, I'll give it another couple of hours, so about two hours ago I put it outside and now it looks like this:

2v0jt4o.jpg

15ro5xu.jpg

qx3y2e.jpg

is my belt 'over tanning', is it developing some sort of a rash? will this even out?

it hasn't gotten wet or anything, so I really don't know what is happening...

beatle already told me it's minor stains in the leather that come out with tanning, but I thought I would post it up anyhow and see if there are other opinions...

ya, beatle's right. the only thing that happens if you tan it too much is that it dries out, that just looks like some staining. I'd apply a bunch of oil if i were you to rehydrate it, that should ven it out a bit. it'll get marked up as you wear it anyways, i wouldn't worry about it too much. very nice belt!

thanks for the advice guys, actually, today the stains/marks were already less pronounced, when I get oil, I'll oil it and hopefully all will be well...

thanks for the advice guys, actually, today the stains/marks were already less pronounced, when I get oil, I'll oil it and hopefully all will be well...

Or just enjoy it as is..I mean, oil it but, don't stress about the spots. I think it adds some nice character that you might otherwise have to pay a premium for. Unique is good and in my opinion it doesn't look trashy or off.

isn't the keyhook just silver plated?

Nope, it's 100% Sterling Silver.