Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

wow, what'd you use for oil? obenaufs? that looks really really good!

I used a leather conditioning cream from Grison, it's a plain blanc creme.

Worked well, and i have to say you did a great job on making the case, i'm really satisfied with it.

oh, awesome i'll have to look into it...i really only use mink or neatsfoot oil. i'm looking around for a nice creme/treatment to make a darker brown piece without dyeing the leather, did you tan it a lot or did the creme darken it? glad you like it man, i can't wait to see evo in a few months

I make small leather goods, and lately I've been using R.M. Williams leather dressing. It works great by itself or over neatsfoot. I make a lot of stuff out of horsehide, and R.M. Williams works better than anything else I've tried. If anyone's interested in seeing what I do, check out my photobucket page.

http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg197/unlucky62/

If anyone's interested in purchasing anything. I sell belts, card cases, and bifolds - horsehide or other - for $40.00 and mid-length and long wallets for $75.

^ looks very nice Tyang

oh, awesome i'll have to look into it...i really only use mink or neatsfoot oil. i'm looking around for a nice creme/treatment to make a darker brown piece without dyeing the leather, did you tan it a lot or did the creme darken it? glad you like it man, i can't wait to see evo in a few months

I did tan it for 10 days, but we don't get a lot of sun out here these days so that's why it took me so long, didn't see much progress in the first few days.

I was kinda surprised how dark it got when i started treating it with the creme, the colour turned out like a very nice caramel colour.

the difference between the tanned parts and the untanned bit underneath the strap with the coin shows very well now.

I'll post evo-pics again in a couple of months.

Remeber to wear a glove :P Heard it's quite damaging to one's hand......And you must post your final product!! I'll camp here everyday , yours must be amazing!!!!

I've been working on making something like that...that's awesome! make sure you keep it updated, should be amazing in a few months

Corter Regular snap wallet. I've had it since February 29, so 3 days short of a month. I've got some Mink Oil paste I used on the inside and outside once after a week of use, and then I just spent the last week in Florida so while there I tanned the outside 3 times for a couple of hours each, one of which I oiled right before tanning. So basically the outside has been tanned and the inside hasn't.

inside

2unzkoz.jpg

outside

1r5g9f.jpg

Comparison

wcbtea.jpg

The last picture gives the most accurate representation of the color of both the inside and outside.

here's an update on the wallet i made my girlfriend, since christmas so about 3 months. I think this one's interesting because she doesnt keep it in a pocket, so even the buttons havent really compressed or made the leather dark or anything...and theres no indigo stains

2371500155_1d9231964d.jpg

2371500161_8afe4a8ba9.jpg

yep, I used some neatsfoot oil on it for her, then she tanned it for a day inside and out, then we oiled it one more time. I dont think i'll need to do much to it for a while though, she's always holding it so it keeps pretty hydrated from the oils on her hands (also why it's got scratches too)

wtf!!! the drop ring on my KC's cracked today. get pics up soon, replaced it with a spare I had laying around but hopefully they'll send me a new one in the mail.

I wasn't at all impressed with the internal mechanism that is supposed to hold it together, really cheap imo.

Do you know where your girlfriend got that keyring that her keys are attached to? It looks nice and bulky. I was looking for a nice thick one because I have the flat head key holder, and I want to make sure the key ring doesn't pop off.
the dinosaur? haha, i don't know.

I have a flathead keyring too, nothing's ever popped off mine if that makes you feel any better!

I have the keyring too-only time anything came off mine was when a key hooked onto a bench I was sitting on...I stood up and the key hook half ripped the bench from the floor, and pretty much straightened both hooks out. Had to bend them back into shape. Just bend the hook with the keyring on so it's tight-it won't come off.;)