Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

Nothing exciting yet as it's new, but here is the regular snap wallet I just got from corter. I just need to decide how I'm going to treat it...

Envelope with the brown package inside :D

29m7o6c.jpg

Inside of the brown package, wallet and reign!

2a85ds6.jpg

Wallet and reign

29lxlr9.jpg

Inside of wallet

24lo2f8.jpg

Inside of bill pocket

2n738s1.jpg

Outside of wallet opened

314yuz7.jpg

Close up of indian button

nzescl.jpg

New corter wallet compared to my old coach bifold (keeping a condom in the old wallet left a huge mark in the leather)

fn758l.jpg

One more comparison picture

20jg6ly.jpg

Wallet opened with my stuff inside. Cash and reciepts are in the bill pocket, I've got the 3 visible cards, plus three more cards behind the cards up front, and on the left the condom fits perfectly behind the coin purse, and I think there is enough leather so it doesn't make a mark.

iddo41.jpg

View from the top of it loaded

1678mea.jpg

View from the top of it loaded and snapped closed

2j131nm.jpg

View from the bottom of it loaded and snapped

2s835eh.jpg

Last one, from front with it loaded and snapped

2u8wm8n.jpg

Hah that's the thing. I lost my virginity about a month and a half ago, and for that time and the next time (2 weeks later) I didn't have a condom for either. So the day after the second time I went out and bought some. Never been without since. Believe it or not that condom mark was only from about 4 weeks, and after a few days it made somewhat of an indentation so when i used that one and got another it just kind of slid back into the old indentation.

I lost my virginity about a month and a half ago, and for that time and the next time (2 weeks later) I didn't have a condom for either.

you're still in your teens right? and you didn't accidentally/uncontrollably drip man juice in her?

don't leaving condoms in your wallet fucks it up or some shit like that??

keeping a condom in your wallet causes the latex to break down from the body heat and the constant pressure of being sat on all the time.

you should get one of those reusable ones instead, or better yet ask corter to make a leather one and post evo pics...

Isn't it a crime to have the same condom in your wallet for longer than a month...?

a crime against humanity, yes.

my advice to you is to use that condom. having done that, you'll never carry a condom again, and you won't have to worry about anymore unsightly "that kinda looks like the outline of a condom" fades in your wallets.

keeping a condom in your wallet causes the latex to break down from the body heat and the constant pressure of being sat on all the time.

you should get one of those reusable ones instead, or better yet ask corter to make a leather one and post evo pics...

hahahaha, i hope you don't mean a leather condom...

i know nothing about leather goods so please bare with me.

i saw this KC wallet and i like the size. is this considered a mid size?

measurements were (縦9,5cm×横15cm)

kib004.jpg

mo-kib004.jpg

anyone else make something like this with the card slots and such

kib004-4.jpg

Choponglasia was trying to sell his a while back, I don't know if anyone bought it or not. Such a nice wallet tho, I got the un-etched one for my brother for christmas.

who can tell me what kind of jeans those are in the picture?

I'm thinking about getting a skull wallet (tan saddle leather) and I'm just wondering if it needs any kind of treatment before I start using it, and if I need to do it regularly. I've been reading through various parts of this huge ass thread but most tanning/treatment questions concerened untanned wallets.

Also, if treatment is necessary, will mink oil suffice?

guys dont sleep on this, i am selling my redmoon full lenght wallet, it is a collab with

take 5 so it has the red tabs, i barely used it for like 2 weeks, i am selling it for 340

shipped, and it come with box bag, braid, eberything, and i will be including brand new

bottle of obenauf oil and free lightning indigo master mag, dont sleep on this

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=47284

got one of the leather goods connection long wallets on friday in unfinished oak leather.

2305172477_75e08426ee.jpg

2305221297_f25c2616cf.jpg

it was painful for me and henry to get to this point.

Haha, dude is like the Soup Nazi.

yes he is.

and I was tempted to take a harder line with him when he got snappy with some of my questions. but out of respect for his pricing and the reputation he has here, I was careful to stay cordial.

it's a beautiful sub-$100 wallet, in my meek opinion. the rein leaves something to be desired, in terms of both length and thickness (hoho!) but I'm going to approach my local leather-smith to see if he can make either something similar to KC's solid rein or the flathead box weave rein in a similar untreated leather. of course, my local leather smith is as curt and short with me as harry from LGC was, so I'm not so optimistic.

don't these people know I'm a goddamn social pariah for wearing this thing? the girls I work with ask me where I bought my clutch all the time now.

I''ve read a lot on treatments for these things, but would still like some straight advice on how I should treat it from here. I let it sit in the sun for about 20 minutes today, as this is the nicest day we've had in as long as recent memory, but I would like to give it some color over time. advice?

beautiful day in West Virginia.

2305984468_b3f65a10c6.jpg

it's a beautiful sub-$100 wallet, in my meek opinion. the rein leaves something to be desired, in terms of both length and thickness (hoho!) but I'm going to approach my local leather-smith to see if he can make either something similar to KC's solid rein or the flathead box weave rein in a similar untreated leather. of course, my local leather smith is as curt and short with me as harry from LGC was, so I'm not so optimistic.

Why don't you contact Optima?

I got a package from OptimaDies too! (two actually...)

2245059696_87da630d28.jpg

2244266963_3a9f49bd69.jpg

2245060280_1b61a70e63.jpg

2244268209_8234277838.jpg

2244268379_28bf54f2a7_o.jpg

2245061468_1610a76e0c_o.jpg

Here you can clearly see the rotation the braid makes, very nice!