Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

Noice-nooiiice!

I can see the leather changing as well. Was this from BiG? How long have you had it? Aside from the stitches, any noticeable indigo staining?

Now for the Peacemaker (if they had a smiley that was rubbing its hands together, I'd be using it right here)!

keeping with my deconstructing theme, i bought a quick release belt from http://www.dubarryboots.com/product/39 and cut the buckle off. I can't afford the pricetag of the Engineered Garments one and the durburry one is a great quality one. I ordered a size too big in the belt so I was just going to cut it off and reuse the belt, but I fucked up and ended up cutting the belt where i needed it, so I ended up just throwing it out (the belt quality is VERY good for the durburry one, and i kind of regret fucking it up, but whatever)

I ordered a blank untanned belt and a bridle leather belt blank from http://www.eleatherworks.com/search.php?mode=search&page=1 and thus began the cutting and punching. VERY VERY easy...

enjoy.

dsc00843oq7.jpg

Hopefully I don't get bitched out for this one... but what exactly is the point/advantage of a "quick-release" buckle?

Noice-nooiiice!

I can see the leather changing as well. Was this from BiG? How long have you had it? Aside from the stitches, any noticeable indigo staining?

Now for the Peacemaker (if they had a smiley that was rubbing its hands together, I'd be using it right here)!

I've been rocking this SDA since last summer I guess, whenever BIG got them in? Can't quite remember but I snagged it when I saw it over there. The leather has become a bit darker and I've been good about not getting too much indigo on this bad boy. You can only see some indigo on the outer stitching of the front side of the wallet. As for the Peacemaker it's been on hiatus, I'm waiting for warmmer weather and I want to tan it outside this summer... I'll post another pic of the SDA in better lighting. (I've got some recent pics of the Peacemaker in the denim contest website.)

iirc, they were originally designed for firehose tie-downs.

i find they are useful when you gotta unleash the beast in a hurry.

but all the time you save quick-releasing is nullified in refastening.

So the buckle works the same as a normal buckle, just with the additional option of whipping out the firehose with all haste?

So the buckle works the same as a normal buckle, just with the additional option of whipping out the firehose with all haste?

Wait a second. So what you guys are saying is that the advantage to the buckle is that it allows easier acess to the trouser snake?

No need to answer this, I just wanted to contribute another penis euphamism.

that SDA wallet looks awesome.

bought this off nairb the week (the day actually) levis went gestapo. the leather is nice and the size is perfect. i love the crazy red moon type wallets but this actuallty fits in my pocket. i wonder if it was official merch?

this is as close as levi's will get to my money until they start making american again and stop being fuckwits.

trademarks and patents

1005004tg9.jpg

1005005iy0.jpg

inside is denim

1005010vn3.jpg

blurry pic but shows the true color

1005013mf8.jpg

notice the indigo stains. awesome.

1005008rg1.jpg

thanks again nairb49

Red Moon knock-off from coldrice. Bought in June '06. KC's navy wallet braid and key ring bought January '07 from 2000db. The last picture illustrates my questions about the stretching of the leather on the braid. Has anyone experienced this breaking? I keep tightening it up by pulling the loose ends, but it still worries me. Click to biggify.

picture005xz7.th.jpg picture006rp7.th.jpg picture007pd1.th.jpg

picture008hc5.th.jpg picture013nh0.th.jpg

picture011ry1.th.jpg

thanks. i'm not really sure what happened there. i was working in a metal shop over the summer so i would imagine that it's some kind of oil stain; that's my best guess. i hope it'll blend in as the wallet ages though. it's taking forever for it to change color and i doubt that it'll ever look like some of the red moon wallets that have been posted here, but i guess only time will tell.

Doesn't look like it's stretched to breaking. Just the weave loosening, it looks like. Try unravelling and reweaving it. My impression is that you're pretty good with stuff like this, so it should be no biggie. Also, you saw the 6 year old RM that eldave posted, so I think you've got time with yours.