Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

how is everyone who has a redmoon keep theirs so pristine...i'll take pics tonight and post mine...it's fucking beat to shit and dirty as fuck

I haven't been using mine for a week yet and I'm stained already. Unless it gets really blue I don't think I'm ever going to try and clean it.

I'd suggest cleaning it with a leather cleaner you'd get at a shoe repair place. I heard from miz that his shoe guy recommended something called EZ cleaner. Maybe do the DDML and use Bronner's diluted in water. I've gotten very little indigo on mine, though, so I couldn't tell you.

DD, I thought you were looking for one with tons of card slots. But y'know, that one you got's nice and purr-ty. Order direct from Japan or 200db?

I'd suggest cleaning it with a leather cleaner you'd get at a shoe repair place. I heard from miz that his shoe guy recommended something called EZ cleaner. Maybe do the DDML and use Bronner's diluted in water. I've gotten very little indigo on mine, though, so I couldn't tell you.

DD, I thought you were looking for one with tons of card slots. But y'know, that one you got's nice and purr-ty. Order direct from Japan or 200db?

I order white lightning cleaner from obeuf's, i just got more of that too. They have a deal right now actually, 2 of the small containers of obeuf's for $18, which is usually $12 each. I'll clean it when i get it...

thanks chicken. your cell phone case looks awesome now. Love how the phone molds the leather..

My redmoon is not turning out at all how I want it to. The whole backside is almost black with indigo, while the rest of it is the standard tan colour. I tanned it, and coated it in obenauf's lp. It seems like it has seeped into the leather itself. I ve tried to lightly clean it with soap and water to no avail, as I don t want to mess up the leather any more than it already is. I have just given up on the colour and appreciate it for the hulk that it is.

I think my problem is that I sweat a lot, that and my 45rpms bleed like crazy = half black redmoon. There is not even any point in cleaning it, as it will just get black again.

btw, yours looks awesome poly.

seaskull, although it's in the wrong thread, I like the shoes. Are they available in the US? Got an item #?

eldave — try any of the leather cleaning supplies mentioned in this thread. I'm sure it'll be worth it. Also, are you going commando? Shouldn't the underwear soak up some of that sweat? ...oh and pics on this indigo-stained bad boy.

^ I use the leather dressing. It was the only Pecard product they carried at the local S&M store and I figure those guys really know about leather.

I've used neatsfoot oil, on a belt, and I think its easy to use too much. With the paste you just let is sit for a few minutes and then wipe it off.

I like the dressing/paste over oil.

Exactly, Chicken. As a matter of fact, he's got a Skull:

skulljeans-medallion-2-3.jpg

But I think the outside was brown.

Wanna see his other leather stuff? Maybe you can tell me (us) how old the RM is. Here's the page:

http://denim-gallery.heavy.jp/other-item-collection/

DDML–

if you're talking about the RM, I'd have to disagree. The inside's not brown, and they use the same color leather for the insides and the outsides, plus little seldom exposed areas are kinda caramelly.

Of course, since I can't speak Japanese, I can't be sure, but I'd have to say that this one started out same color as yours.

yeah, i was talking about the hr-01a

did i misunderstand "This [uoretsuto] after the purchasing, fostered medieval times in the auction!"

i think it was this color originally:

picture3mf0.png

i am going to posit that while the natural leather gets darker, the oiled-finish wallets will get somewhat lighter with wear

So I guess this is what you have to look forward to in a couple of years or so. You've seen Naoto's is coming close to it, and poly's too. Mine's not RM, so I don't know what it'll look like, but it's darkening up well.

There was a guy here or in the SteezF who posted GQ's (or Esquire's) advice on changing wallets every year. I think this is a good argument against that.

his wasn't the natural color to begin with, it started brown, and iirc, he got it second hand.

it says he bought it through an auction used, but it's the saddle leather one. he had that redmoon hr throughout the entire time he wore his 811s and more, so i believe how much the color has changed. as a matter of fact, i've seen natural saddle leather turn its color that much before, too -- they had a store sample at a redmoon store in shibuya. unbelievable stuff.

Wanna see his other leather stuff? Maybe you can tell me (us) how old the RM is.

he doesn't mention how old it is, though. or the other stuff too, for that matter. the only one i have an idea of how old it is is his skulls, because i remember when he first got it.