Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

i'm sure it'll turn out fine if not better than mine, i already had to cut mine cuz i ordered the wrong size..i still don't understand belt sizing at all

With lgc, they say to measure the belt that you currently wear from the end of the buckle to the hole that you wear it at. I'm a 29 waist, but I ordered a 34 belt. o_0 Whatever, they know what they're talking about.

I got the lt oak LGC connection wallet aswell, and really like it. Don´t really think that its that huge, but it helps having jeans with rather big pockets.... Ive been thinking about getting one in black/dark brown aswell, but it might be a bit OD.

Finally, my insane Imperial pockets go to a good use!

truestorytravis— sorry no one's answered, maybe if you posted pics?

I'd actually like to see some evo pics of the wallet you got from coldrice.

So after a bit of debating, i finally plunked down for a tanner belt a few weeks ago, it took about a week or two for them to get it out to me, but it was well worth it. I idiotically order a 34 belt which is 4 sizes bigger than my jeans size, but it was good as I just bought a bunch of leather making/sizing supplies, so i ended up cutting the buckle end, replacing the snaps with chicago screws, and replacing the buckle. The buckle tanner gave me, 2 of them, are VERY fucking nice, i think he said it was nickel plated and that might have turned some people off, but they are very heavy and very solid. I had this roller buckle lying around and switch off with the tanner roller buckle every once in a while.

dsc00791sv7lf0.jpg

dsc00793nb3qz4.jpg

I've had it less than 2 weeks, had to cut the top part, hammer it down, and punch out some holes for the screws.

dsc00835kl4.jpg

dsc00834eo3.jpg

dsc00836fc2.jpg

dsc00833au1.jpg

dsc00832fn7.jpg

dsc00831ny4.jpg

dsc00837ok2.jpg

I had a huge dilema in choosing this belt. Also up in the running were the 45rpm belt and also the leather goods connection belt and in the end, it was between the tanner belt and the LGC belt. The only reason I bought the tanner belt was because the belt was made by a superfuture member, and I'm happy to support in house business.....I'm happy with my decision..

I haven't oiled it or tanned it (except the part that wraps around the buckle to soften it up) at all. I only put obeuf's on it once to protect it, but everything else is wear...wow.

Ive been using mine for about a month, its almost still raw colored, I wear it every day. I also suntanned it for like 5-6 hours.. how can yours look like that?

Must be the obenaufs you put on it, cause it looks very dark.. or did you only put that on near the screws?

Weird, I never got a leather loop, I got some lame metal one that keeps falling off so I took it off

i really have no idea how it changes so quickly. the obenauf's didn't change the color of the leather at all, the oil i put to soften where I cut and folded it did change it a bit as seen it is brown compared to the rest of it. I have no idea how everyone keeps their stuff so neat and clean? My wallet is trashed, my belt is starting to get trashed, I don't do anything other than wake up, go to the library, party and go home...

I emailed red moon about the stain on my walllet, and they basically said to keep on keeping on, and eventually you may not be able to see it.

Here is the email:

Sorry to tell you that indigo stains cannot be removed.

Spreading the surface with oil (for leather) might help

to make some stains unremarkable. Do not spread too

much oil on it. It makes it worse.

And another thing is to keep useing the wallet.

In this case, natural change of color of leather makes

some stains unremarkable. It may take several years.

If anyone else has this problem, you can also have the back piece changed out for 7350 yen.

Also look at this pic of a 6 year wallet they sent me:

hr-01c.jpg

Pretty amazing.

i just got this wallet a couple weeks ago.

keep in mind i know nothing about wallets it was just my roommates puppy chewed up my old of that i had for 10 years so i needed a new one. I picked this one up from polo. i dont know what if anything is going to happen to this over time but i guess well find out. it seems pretty stiff right now but thats expected.

img9503lc8.jpg

img9504jv3.jpg

img9506ze3.jpg

img9507ah0.jpg

any comments would be appreciated.

also the last picture here shows what looks like scuffing on the inside where the credit cards are. Is this normal? i dont know what can be causing this since its just the leather on leather? can this be removed? i try and rub it out as some of it is dust, but it doesnt all come out.

img9508jv2.jpg

haha actually i only have one credit card and an ATM debit card the rest are either gift cards/insurance cards/costco card/blockbuster card. credit cards are dangerous, cant have more than one of those.

keeping with my deconstructing theme, i bought a quick release belt from http://www.dubarryboots.com/product/39 and cut the buckle off. I can't afford the pricetag of the Engineered Garments one and the durburry one is a great quality one. I ordered a size too big in the belt so I was just going to cut it off and reuse the belt, but I fucked up and ended up cutting the belt where i needed it, so I ended up just throwing it out (the belt quality is VERY good for the durburry one, and i kind of regret fucking it up, but whatever)

I ordered a blank untanned belt and a bridle leather belt blank from http://www.eleatherworks.com/search.php?mode=search&page=1 and thus began the cutting and punching. VERY VERY easy...

enjoy.

dsc00848ee3.jpg

dsc00847ez8.jpg

dsc00844nh6.jpg

dsc00843oq7.jpg

dsc00841vw9.jpg

dsc00840ux1.jpg

dsc00838po7.jpg

dsc00852it8.jpg

^ hahaha------pouch is retired, holmes. with colder weather, i don't really need it. jacket pockets and such. meh.

poly nice work, man. that belt looks sharp. not to nitpick, but i think you should center the buckle when you wear it, i'd slide the keeper on the other side of the loop and have the buckle right over the waist button.

^ hahaha------pouch is retired, holmes. with colder weather, i don't really need it. jacket pockets and such. meh.

poly nice work, man. that belt looks sharp. not to nitpick, but i think you should center the buckle when you wear it, i'd slide the keeper on the other side of the loop and have the buckle right over the waist button.

good point, i've really been wonderng why the fit on it was off....i'm trying it now.