Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

And just listen to that sustain, listen to the sustain... listen to it!

-- But I'm not hearing anything...

Well you would be though... if it we're playing.

your comment about crack makes sense. i guess i just won't be treating the insides as often as the outsides.

I didn't treat the interior of the wallet at all. Its good to hear a leatherman confirm that this is the right move. My rope is still quite stiff(as you can see in my waywt pics) but softening up quick. I try to bend it and work it as much as possible to hasten the process.

Here are some pics of my Redmoon HR-01A....

After suntanning for 10 hours on each side:

DSC01469.jpg

DSC01471.jpg

DSC01472.jpg

After oiling with Obenauf's:

DSC01512.jpg

DSC01515.jpg

DSC01516.jpg

Pics taken today, wallet is about 2 months old:

DSC00034.jpg

DSC00035.jpg

DSC00037.jpg

A big thanks to DDML for the tanning/oiling tips. I love how the wallet looks right now. It's kinda hard to tell in the pics, but it has taken on a nice, rich caramel color and also has light scratches and dents that have added a touch of character. The wallet has also flattened considerably and I find that they're not as humongous and thick as most people make them out to be.

thanks it wa the first thing i ever made with leather.the embossing is from a plate i made up of one of my illustrations,i hat it cut at a company from a eps file i gave them.then just heated up at bookbinding studio at uni and embossed it in to the leather.

on a side note if anyone wants one i have some left over from a sale i did at xmas for a good price.

looks good steve!

you must look like you have an onion booty between your journal and wallet! = O

and those rm wallets look dope but i cant have something hanging out my pocket like that...i'm paranoid..but i guess thats what the chain is for but still....

Naoto – how about an update on your... Silverman...? Did I get that right? I went on the RM website and they had a Brassman, but it didn't have the silver clasp cover. Anyway, your wallet must be looking tasty as hell now.

Naoto – how about an update on your... Silverman...? Did I get that right? I went on the RM website and they had a Brassman, but it didn't have the silver clasp cover. Anyway, your wallet must be looking tasty as hell now.

Hi there. You got it right. I'll post it here tomorrow though it hasn't changed a lot. Please wait. According to Red Moon, they stop producing Silver Man wallets at the moment, due to difficulty of obtaining silver from their suppliers

silverman2.jpg

This is my buddy :P Silver Man. When I look at it like this, it's kind of orange-ish rather than brown, isn't it? No mink oiled nor any treatments since the first sun-tanning session. The more I use, the more I love!

I know it's expensive, but it's really worth every penny - in my opinion.

I hate the fucking place. I bought and sold a Red Moon, too fat, and the wallet was pretty thick as well. Now this thread kicked my brain into neutral and I ordered another one. So here I am listing to port because I'm sitting on this thing.

Someone here posted something like using oil was like sandpaper on your jeans. I disagree, leather is like your skin. But since it's dead it needs even more care. Leather cracks when it dries out, just like your skin will.

I got this leathergoodsconnection wallet at the end of Nov, so it's got a few months of wear. Great quality for the price. The inner leather is soo smooth. All my friends call it a man purse.I got the one on the right.

tanltbr.jpg

My wear. Excuse the shitty 2 megapixel pics.

Top half

CIMG0146.jpg

The dark line is from my "to do" list post it. I didn't realized it would leave a mark, but oh well. +1 for authentic wear.Under the card slot is another pocket, for receipts or whatever.

Bottom half

CIMG0147.jpg

Ink stains from said post it.

Compartments

CIMG0148.jpg

from left to right:

Change pocket, card pocket 1, bill slot(notice the lack of bills), card slot 2, receipt pocket.

Key chain holder belt loop thing

CIMG0153.jpg

The real half dollar makes it that much cooler.

Wallet snap

CIMG0152.jpg

Indian head nickel. Very dope.

Indigo stains and wear

CIMG0158.jpg

From the fold of the wallet.

CIMG0156.jpg

Bottom of wallet stains.

Back of wallet.

CIMG0149.jpg

Front of wallet

CIMG0149.jpg

For anyone thinking of getting one, it's totally worth the price and not as giant and thick as some wallets. It's as thick as about 10 credit cards.

I also had a cell phone pouch thing on my left side belt loops.

Cropped the ass pic cuz I suck at ass shots.

untitled-2.jpg

CIMG0159.jpg

It's not that uncomfortable when you are sitting unless you have lots of receipts or bills in the wallet. But I usually take it out of my pocket when I'm driving or something. And my jeans are Levis Capital E and the crew is Foreign Family if you guys were wondering.