Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

The full journey of my LGC open grain wallet up until now:

August 25 after one day of usage

img0806ue0.jpg

November 3

img1160iw8.jpg

img1164zc6.jpg

February 12 (sorry about shitty indoor light, it's snowing)

img1352jpgsmalled7.jpg

img1356eg7.jpg

img1360jpgsmallsy1.jpg

i really, really, like this wallet, even if it the softer leather gets hated on by other SF folks. I also know that it's ridiculously indigo stained, and although i might do something about that if possible, i don't think it is. I plan on using it for quite a long time more.

Hmm, I'm in the middle of making a decision between 'WildSwans' or 'RedMoon.' If I were to get WildSwans, well any of their wallets would be fine, but should I get 'tan' or 'choco?' Tan would be good for wear?

Now, if I were to get the 'RedMoon,' I think I would choose their 'Shell Cordovan' wallet over any other wallets they have. I use to be wanting to get WildSwans, then I kept coming back to this 'Shell Cordovan' Red Moon, it just looks so damn nice... What you guys think?

I use to want a long wallet as well, but from my expierence, they bend and, I think I want a clean look. haha.

Right, now if I were to buy WildSwans, which I probably will, since it's like $100 cheaper.

Should I buy one that has a coin pouch or not? I've never used one with a coin pouch before, so does it feel big? Is it conveniant? Or just throw your coins in your pockets. If I were to buy 'natural' what does one usually do to the leather? Is it ok for me to just use it as is? Or is there a special process to apply to the leather before use?

watchman your wallet looks like the necronomicon ex mortis:

180pxnecronomicon1ax3.jpg

drapygo----if you were between a regular redmoon vs. wildswans, i'd say wildswans. however, the SHELL CORDO redmoon is fucking untouchable IMO. i have an alden shell cordo coin pouch and it is amazing. i can only imagine what the cordo RM would be like!

Please post pics when it arrives.

I was thinking of getting a black belt from LGC as well.

Will do........I got it with the harness stitching and this odd-looking buckle, hope it is worth it. Bill from LGC is a nice dude, very prompt email replies. I told him of the SF connection/referrals and he said it was great how word has spread through here. Maybe if we keep referring we can get a forum discount of 5% or so.

img1360jpgsmallsy1.jpg

i really, really, like this wallet, even if it the softer leather gets hated on by other SF folks. I also know that it's ridiculously indigo stained, and although i might do something about that if possible, i don't think it is. I plan on using it for quite a long time more.

i think your wallet's looking pretty good. but i think you need to keep wearing the crap out of it. if you're interested, (miz's recommendation) lincoln e-z cleaner could probably get rid of quite a bit of the indigo on your wallet. i've been battling all the indigo coming off my 811s myself, but so far it seems like i've been putting up a good fight.

i think your wallet's looking pretty good. but i think you need to keep wearing the crap out of it. if you're interested, (miz's recommendation) lincoln e-z cleaner could probably get rid of quite a bit of the indigo on your wallet. i've been battling all the indigo coming off my 811s myself, but so far it seems like i've been putting up a good fight.

updates on yr wallet chicken

Im looking into this wallet

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/smaclo/587655/723824/827512/

looks like a solution to the crazy thickness of redmoons without loosing quality

this wallet actually looks interesting. it says it's made by high-level craftsmen who used to make redmoons. but england might have a point, too.

for around the same price, you can get some cool skulls, too.

updates on yr wallet chicken

well then. here's a quick update. i just shot this new shot now (7:45pm) but i tried to match an older photo which was shot during the day time. so excuse the difference.

before:

IMG_0703.jpg

now:

IMG_0832.jpg

the wallet itself used to be more of a flesh color, but now it's starting to get a little carmelly. just cleaned this wallet last night, too. had a quite a bit more indigo on it right before that. the rope has definitely taken on a lot of indigo and it's getting to a point i can't get most of it out.

watchman your wallet looks like the necronomicon ex mortis:

180pxnecronomicon1ax3.jpg

drapygo----if you were between a regular redmoon vs. wildswans, i'd say wildswans. however, the SHELL CORDO redmoon is fucking untouchable IMO. i have an alden shell cordo coin pouch and it is amazing. i can only imagine what the cordo RM would be like!

what kind of wallet is this?

Oh wow poly.. thats a NICE belt... the edges are SO clean.. I dont like how it says JACK on the outside, underside is OK though... I like the buckle alot too

it says they can take the logos off.

Â¥6,000 is the price for the belt without the buckle.

a simple buckle, like the ones in the photos, is extra ¥1,000.

Thanks UCD and Chicken for the compliments, chicken your wallet is looking great. Thanks for the reccomendation for the cleaner, literally every bit of indigo on that wallet is from my 811's haha.

thanks man, watchman.

the stuff miz recommended really works. it's probably similar to what ddml does with dr bronners. my rag after cleaning the wallet was pretty blue. the indigo from the 811s just keep on coming.

I got the EZ cleaner on miz's recommendation, it's supposed to be gentler on the leather, as it's designed to be used for suede. It really dries the leather though, so you should oil it after. I don't know if Chicken's had the same experience. Otherwise, just go with Lexol. It's ph balanced, doesn't really dry the leather as noticeably, and it's more readily accessible, if my trips to sho repair places are any indication.