ooe yofukuten & co. denim contest

Flash

Some updates. I caught a few weeks of the flu so there isn't much new except for the completed repair. I had to just go with a patch repair. Our domestic machine just isn't cutting it for a zigzag repair through the denim and mending fabric. I could have sized these pics a bit larger, sorry.

Patch is 6x6 Skull pima blend

ooejanf.jpg

ooejanb.jpg

ooejanrepair.jpg

Edited by jyoni

Much better! Now to get back to the real world instead the bedridden cave life.

I should mention after posting below your pic, the hairiness of the denim has finally started to diminish in areas of high wear. It stayed really furry for a very long time! It's an interesting look because of all the hair left in the open areas.

The weather was surprisingly warm over the weekend in Pittsburgh, so I grabbed a few quick shots in some natural light.

8377972286_e080f35250_z.jpg

8377971922_f209da674b_z.jpg

You can see a lot more of the subtle details of the denim when viewed in sunlight. However, I think my photo skills are going to constantly do this denim a disservice. My pair looks much better in person than I can capture with my phone or point and shoot.

I also decided to snip off the end of the prongs for the buckle on my cinch back, and I think I went too far. The prongs now slide past the end bar, even with the denim through the buckle. I'm going to contact Ryo and Hiro about a replacement, but I know they are away for awhile. Does anyone have any suggestions for a source for a decent buckle?

Thanks Flash and Grooveholmes. I'll check them out. I also happened to see some nice buckles in a post from Roy6 about Al's Attire over on Denimbro, so I may check him out too to see if he's any cheaper on the shipping options.

I also still have to get up real fit pics. The fit on these has changed quite a bit since my first full length shots. I suspect the same for a lot of others as well, especially if others are machine washing/drying.

Edit: Grooveholmes you are 100% correct. They will charge me $10.50 to ship within the US. I'm going to find one elsewhere or just make do with the buckle as is.

Edited by rayw44

gentlemen, I applaud your audacity. I used to try and hold out for the first wash after 6 months but now settled at a 2 month interval washing cycle. Will be interesting to see the differences in fading.

My statement above is not actually true as I had done the initial soak before wear.

Will definitely soak/wash it once I detect any funky smell coming...

Fingers cross I can hold it off as long as possible.

@SLAB

Will definitely be interesting to see the difference in fades. :)

Edited by redragon

Thats crazy Nice Jyoni! Love the crinkle/ropefades on the backpockets Ignaurus!!

Aho: I have been doing like you, holding out on the first wash so that i know the jeans have formed to a nice shape before i start washing them to pieces ;)

Sorry for not updating or being active for the past months :) Ill do better and update as soon as i get hold of a decent camera! and som nice weather thats not snowstorm ^^

Sorry for the dearth of updates from Singapore! Nothing much happening in my boring life (salary-man status...) but here is a shot that I sneakily took while at work! I tried to show the colour difference between the upper and lower legs, but failed miserably. The lower legs are still quite dark and hairy though!

202790D5-8AF2-4617-9C9D-C64B7F36BABE-11481-00000B88C889C477.jpg

Save the initial soak(s), I think my jeans will only see water only at the 6 months mark, or even 8.

Have a great weekend all!

^remember how I said I was gonna hold out for a wash? ;)

I figure I should just treat them how they should be treated...Worn hard and washed often. There's something about bringing out that vintagey blueness that I so often see from JPN guys and vintage jeans, and the secret is in wearing hard and washing often. I'll let the fabric speak for itself! B)

Pre and post wash pictures to come!

Edited by aho