Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320754765322?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 ;)

Rigid is a good way to put it, but we'll see if I can't tame them this winter.

Hidden away in plain sight, just like the shoes I picked up :D

Any more to share? I'll get some decent pics up of the resoled boots the next time I'm at home during daylight hours...

How do I order from white kloud, can't figure out his blog.

You have to go to the shop and order. It's a MTO operation, where you sit down and they take all your measurements and foot tracings, as well as try out sample pairs. It actually goes a bit beyond MTO, where they would correct a last to fit better, but unlike true bespoke, a last is not created for you.

The sole is also not hand sewn, but it is hand lasted as well as the welt. Leather is from Horween and soles are Vibram. You have to select your options. They currently only do a "Blucher" (derby) style.

I've always admired the craftsmanship. They finish it like a dress shoe, which defeats the purpose of it being a work boot, but beautiful. Like a lot of people, I still can't get over the shape of the toe box, so I always took a pass on these.

They also do collabs with store they you can get their RTR wear stuff. Around ¥84000.

Cross-post from the other footwear thread:

Hi all!

Just because horsehide is so awesome (and because this new thread is fantastic :P), TheBlackGoat has come up with an interesting group buy - a pair of service-style boots with a half-brogue toe-cap, made with Horween's burgundy Chromexcel (i.e. vegetable re-tanned) horse butt leather!!!

To my knowledge no such configuration in a service boot exists currently... the burgundy CXL horsebutt will be a perfect balance between pure veg. tanned horsehide and cordovan - retaining the fascinating horsehide grain of the former whilst approaching the greasiness & shine of the latter.

The details are yet to be confirmed, but we are approaching a couple of boot makers (one of whom is ready to hop on board!) and I'll post up more details here in the next days/weeks.

If you are keen to know more, please shoot me a PM if you don't already have my e-mail.

For an idea of what the leather actually looks like, see here & here.

Thanks, I'm guessing their shop is in japan?

Yes. Here is the address:

〒343-0841 Saitama-ken, Koshigaya-shi, Gamouhigashi-Machi 5-28

Tel: 048-985-9816

Email: [email protected]

Opening Hours / by appointment: 1PM ~ 8:30PM

Its in suburb of Saitama, about 1 hour and 40 minutes from the center of Tokyo.

Check them out whenever you are in Japan.

According to most shoe sizing advice you should have enough room in a shoe's toe box to wiggle your toes. I'm not sure if that's what you're saying or not, but if you have around a thumbs width of length at the end and you're not slipping or too loose at the arch or heel you're probably good.

What can a cobbler do for a boot that's too big? I've never heard of that before, but I'm interested to hear more.

They can resize the boots for you. I had my road champs that i posted earlier resized a half size down. If you cobbler makes boots than they will be able to resize a boot for you based on whatever last they have in that works for you. I know Willies shoe service in Hollywood can resize your boot for you. If you ever do decide to get your boot resized, make you sure take some pictures of your current boot to make sure they get the correct toe shape and heel etc..