Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Stag was pretty awesome actually. I ended up getting my 1000 miles because I was tired of waiting for them hahaha

Stag is a great shop but that's about all there is in Austin outside of By George and generally I would think for the most part the By George crowd wouldn't be into the vintage americana feel of Stag and vice versa....

Stag is really great in my book though - I work two blocks away and find myself in there way too much these days.

Where are you guys getting your custom vibergs? I know the pair above is easily available but I'm looking for the Japanese versions with crepe soles. Through proxy?

Just order them direct from Viberg. You just email them a photo of what you want and if you want any changes and they'll make the boot for you.

Been tilting at windmills again on the refurbishment front, this time on a pair of Church's captoes found in a charity shop.

Even in their fucked-up state, I was impressed with the quality and suppleness of the leather...

Before:

scaled.php?server=97&filename=dscf3779m.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=190&filename=dscf3786j.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=853&filename=dscf3784t.jpg&res=medium

They'd obviously been recently refurbed, which makes the state of them kinda curious:

scaled.php?server=707&filename=dscf3780q.jpg&res=medium

And after conditioning, polishing, conditioning again, re-glazing and one final polish:

scaled.php?server=713&filename=dscf3806m.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=840&filename=dscf3808a.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=194&filename=dscf3807z.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=5&filename=dscf3811d.jpg&res=medium

I just got off the phone with Viberg and the current wait time is 14 weeks.

I'm stuck between the black boot and the 3rd from the left, the red dog leather. I want the engineer boot but can't decide on leather choice. If I got the black boot should I get the black vibram sole or the natural beige one?

western.jpg

I wasn't a huge fan of those boots in that reddish leather, but I was working with a guy who had a busted ass pair of RW pecos boots (or very similar), which he tucked in, not for style but for functional foot and pant protection while working, and they looked great. I just don't feel that the black has the same kind of character as its worn, at least not in the crepe sole style.

Man, the more I look at those thick white crepe soles the more I can't stand them.

I know there is a small questions thread, but this is where all the boot people hang out:

I'm thinking of getting a pair of Alden 405s from J Crew, since I have a little store credit to spend. I'm not sure if they'll be in store to try on, so can you guys help with sizing advice? I'm usually a 9.5 in most sneakers, and I'm a 9 in Clarks desert boots. I was thinking a 9 for the Aldens as well. Appreciate the help.