Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Still,

Lift up the insole and see if the last is identified. Is this the captoe done on the Trubalance last (like the Indy)? I'm curious the model. It isn't my size, but interesting to know.

LL

Final Chopper Shots: End of the second round. My Friday the 13th included 5 hours of chopper, 3 hours of armored car, and then 5 hours of a commercial flight to Bangkok. Whew. I’m in recovery mode now, but it’s great to be with my girls.

ChappalsOverAurakzai-2.jpg

Friday 13 wear was bespoke Afghan chappals in brown, matched (again) with 1947 Sugar Cane Levi repro jeans. I think the suede version will be the best for matching with jeans. Stay tuned.. ..

ChappalsOverAurakzai.jpg

Close up of the stitching.

ChopperBoy.jpg

That’s me in the chopper. Shot from the second chopper.

From the 12th: The Kohistan Hills:

Kohistan25838.jpg

great shots and amazing landscape. And funny with the pic from the second chopper..taking photos of eachother, thats what you do? :)

When not taking photos of my left foot. ;)

Shot a lot of film this week. This was earlier in the week. These are my favorite for looking good, but, frankly, they're a size too big - even with huge insoles. sigh. I just can't bring myself to part with them.

Anyway, I wear these with a blazer for the official reception stuff. Vaguely radical.

TrickersSammies.jpg

Tricker's Keswicks and Samurai S5000BKs.

Hey Leicalad Can you please please give me more info on these Tricker? more photo would be great or where did you get em? from pediwear ? thx in advance :) :) :) :)

Hi Matrix,

I got these off Eprey from a really, really nice lady who found them in an estate sale. They were absolutely new. The lady and I ended up exchanging really long, chatty messages. It was fun. The shoes went really cheap, I guess because the photos made the "natural" sole color look odd. Even my photos do that, but, in person, they are a really attractive shoe. Sadly, they are really a full size too big. I can't stand to part with them, so wear them only when I know I won't walk far, and only need to look good (like at receptions, diplomatic cocktails, and equal silliness). I really wish they fit better. I've got huge insoles and heel pads, and they're still too big. Oh, well.

I've only got two photos on my laptop. One is a decent shot, but the incandescent lighting throws the color off. The other is focused only the toe (better to say the photo is not in focus), but the flash makes the color closer to real. Still, both lightings are artificial. In real life, that light sole looks very dressy, for a country-style shoe.

lamp bulb lighting:

Keswicks-a.jpg

Flash lighting, but out of focus (duuuuh.):

Keswicks-b.jpg

Pediwear does have the Keswick in several models. I haven't seen this light or natural sole, but you could ask.

Greg, I ordered the RW 1911's in 10D from Dejan the other day following your advice. He shipped them yesterday so hopefully I'll have them in a few days with his lightning-fast shipping. I can't wait! I'm already thinking of getting another boot in black. Maybe the black yearling RMW Craftsman's or RW 8130's. The AF60 (and #8 AF53) are awesome but a little out of my budget at the moment. Oh man, what have I gotten myself into?

LL, you always have the most awesome shots...really adds another dimension to this thread.

Leica, those Trickers are cool, very worth keeping till you can find something else for the dress-up functions. I saw some Randonneur insoles that looked very thick, I can send you a pair. Here are some links to a place selling telemark insoles. They are also very thick - if yours aren't like this:

Step-In Volcano

Step-In for Snow

Sorbothane Heel pads - for lift

Those are beautiful. Do they come in black with that sole? I hate the normal thick rubber ones on that model. Or are these not the same shape as the 875?

There is a version of the black Red Wing 8130 with a black commando sole, Vibram I think. They have them at Dave's Army / Navy in NYC. Phone 212-989-6444.

Greg,

Many thanks for the links. They’ll be useful for other reasons. The Trickers are just one FULL size too big. No getting around it. When I bought them, I was thinking “I wear 10.5 or 11, depending on the shoes. Maybe a 10.5 Trickers will be like an 11 US.” Duuuuh! Well, more like a BIG 11.5! Despite my desires, it would appear that I take a 9.5 in most UK shoes. I ordered my Grensons in UK10, and they were boats. I swapped ‘em for 9.5, which fit great. The Trickers weren’t swappable, since they were an Eprey find. Anyway, I had such fun getting to know the lady I bought them from, it was worth the $!

I will break down, at some point, and get a properly fit pair of these. I love ‘em, to say the least, but.. .. Some pages back, Familyman posted a shot of a pair of his shoes with his 1 yr-old standing in them. That’s sorta what these can feel like. NO insole can compensate for shoes that are simply waaaay too big! Sigh.

Familyman: The Huey's are incredibly fun, especially with the doors open for the view straight down. Without doubt, the most fun I've had all year!

well, before i wasnt interested in leather shoes cuz kids my age, well in my city, dont sport leather shoes, anyway i was kicking it in LA i was blown and we were near the indian textile and clothing shops, so i go behind the stores to take a wizz and i saw that one store was closing and they were trhwoing a bunch of junk out and they had one white trash bag full of old tennis shoes whatnot. so i just took it. When i came home that night all the tennis shoes were crap but i saw a pair of leather formals, but it was covered with a sticky coat of lint, so i took the loafers to work in the garden etc until i saw this thread, so i used kiwi leather lotion on it and shined it and i love it! it looks like im wearing boots

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/2559/sellingforsuperfuture05yo7.jpg

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/2994/sellingforsuperfuture04sk0.jpg

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/7008/sellingforsuperfuture04eo3.jpg

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/7151/sellingforsuperfuture04pn1.jpg]

What's your NEXT pair of shoes/boots gonna be? I am waiting on 2 from Crockett and Jones (Skye and Villiers). Who knows whether they will fit.... And then as far as I know now, the next will be some classic black Shannons from Edward Green. Unless something else catches my eye before then!

Ooooh! Brainkid, +1 for more details, please. A balmoral/oxford cut boot is really hard to find. 99% are a blucher cut. I covet a pair of this type. Cap toe balmoral. You can even wear with formal duds.

Cool.

Curious displacement of the first speedlace hook. Can you do a closeup photo of that, please? Just really curious about how that is reinforced. Thanks.