Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

I want to replace the tongue on my Corcoran boots. The zip up ones come with a shitty thin piece of leather for a tongue. I did not know this when I got them, and now they're well worn -- the boots otherwise are fine quality, but the tongue is annoying and narrow and has no form.

Is there a cobbler in NYC that could this for me? And how much would the labor be? I have an old pair of combat boots that I could take the tongues from.

Someone pick these up, to remove a source of distraction for me...effing beautiful...tan scotch grain Burford with a Vibram sole...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160550458780&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

They even deduct VAT for non-EU orders...

You bastard- I clicked on the link and thought, "Hmm, wonder what else they have up for sale?" Now I want these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Trickers-Belgrave-U-throat-Oxford-size-9-1-2-tan-/160550461912?pt=UK_Clothing_Menswear_MensShoes_GL&hash=item25618da1d8

Damn, these things are beautiful. I love that antique color and the cap toes, but I really don't need to spend the money. I never would have known about them if it weren't for you, CTB!

those are indeed beauties Paul T, they have a second pair for sale in my size! need to focus on something else first though

Pointing out that danner is trying to jump on the Americana gravy train is like pointing out that viberg is trying to jump on the butt-fucking-ugly boots gravy train with boots like this:

home_slide_scout.jpg

They're going nose to nose with Fluevogs. They just need to add some metal plates, and matching Utilikilt.

They have been doing alot of other 'stuff' with hemp in that part of Canada lately.

...I got a notification of these Burgundy Rippon this morning, half a size too big for me but - with the natural soles - these are beautiful boots.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Trickers-Rippon-country-toe-cap-boot-size-8-1-2-/160552822328?pt=UK_Clothing_Menswear_MensShoes_GL&hash=item2561b1a638

Yeah, I'm glad that they've none in a 10 :D

I know Corcorans are looked askance in this group, but they have proven to me to be the best bang for the buck in a vintage style that you can actually use for work. In my shop they see varieties of solvents, oils, gunk, and abrasions that mutilate most boots in short time. These replaced my old Altamas after many years, and a couple of resoles. I just needed something that protected the toes better, as that's what I wore through the worst. They're almost new in this shot. Soon I'll post some one year pictures.

lroversmall.jpg

Not expensive enough???? Maybe if lightning does a story on them they will be acceptable.

Yeah, that would be the seal of approval. Until that happens, Corcorans are total crap. After it happens, they're awesome.

In all seriousness, I rather like Corcorans, aside from the fact that I'm too lazy to lace them up- that pair is pretty tall.

I know Corcorans are looked askance in this group, but they have proven to me to be the best bang for the buck in a vintage style that you can actually use for work. In my shop they see varieties of solvents, oils, gunk, and abrasions that mutilate most boots in short time. These replaced my old Altamas after many years, and a couple of resoles. I just needed something that protected the toes better, as that's what I wore through the worst. They're almost new in this shot. Soon I'll post some one year pictures.

lroversmall.jpg

When and where did you get those?

I wear corcorans too, the zip model but there's something that bothers me about them, the fucking flimsy ass tongue made out of a shit leather separate from the rest of the boot. I brought them to Minas in NY to talk it over, he's a good dude, looks like he enjoys the challenge.

I could get another boot but I don't want another pair lying around, and well my current corcorans are rather well worn.

Dude, I just picked up 3 pairs of corcorans. Did you see the new corcoran Japan model? Low profile toe, huge triple leather sole, and some deadstock cat's paws soles on top of that. They're a bargain at $600. Where to cop now?

Dude, I just picked up 3 pairs of corcorans. Did you see the new corcoran Japan model? Low profile toe, huge triple leather sole, and some deadstock cat's paws soles on top of that. They're a bargain at $600. Where to cop now?

HAHHAAAA love rnr. Triple leather with cat's paw that's classic. +rep

sorry must spread rnr. Repping you in spirit right . . . now.

Corcoran group buy. Triple leather + cat's paw, natural midsole, tan left shaft, organic japanese brown dye right shaft, taupe sueded horsehide (not shell) toe, with all eyelets (flat waxed laces), a black scotch grain buckle across the foot, then a Mr. Freedom style one higher up. Deadstock buckles of course, brass on top then nickel on the bottom.

What toe shape though hmmmmmm