Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Hieveryone, thanks a lot!

Yes, the semi dress brown ones are of regular brown. I also love that color, dark brown. And they are supposed to become sick when scuffed a bit.

Regarding chrome excel and white's own premium dress leather. To me (Im no expert) they seem almost the same. Same thickness at least.

Lets see how they wear in.

Looking forward to your pics...

Thanks for the info man--Yeah I'm in the market for some black semi-dress boots, but I can't help wonder if the brown semi-dress leather will be more versatile--I mean, it looks black enough to pass for black but It's got that bit of brown too...

decision, decisions.

I have decided (again) that I have to let my white's bounty hunters go. They are us9e and smooth brown on a double leather sole. Plenty of pictures in this thread but I'll post more later.

If anyone is interested pm me.

I'll consider trades for whites sd in 9.5. Aldens in 9 or engineer boots.

Paul T, did you get anywhere with that auction you were watching?

Just received a pair of Grasmere to try on for size, from the Shoe Healer...man, it's like wearing tanks on your feet! Cracking pair of boots :)

I wasn't around that morning, bid up to £61, they went for £77. They were great, but it's the boots I'm looking for more. I keep seeing the dude with the Selkirk, and will have to score a pair eventually. They are amazing.

I do like the Grasmere, too. I'll put those on my eBay search!

I really want a pair of Utility brogues (the shoes) but I'm shocked at how much Tricker's have gone up, both at retail and the factory shop. Used to be roughly £270 and £170 respectively, now it's £300 plus and £220. I know they're worth it, compared with high street shoes... it's the money not the principle that is the problem.

Amazed how many people ask about the Lennons. Two people yesterday, one antique dealer at SPitalfields reckoned he was ordering a pair that afternoon, will check on his progress in a couple of weeks.

Grasmere is a great choice in Trickers. One of my favorites.

Yeah, pretty decent boot all round...been considering MTO as my last big purchase for the first half of the year...espresso scotch with a natural storm welt, anyone?

Or, swap the Grasmere for a Wetherby and use the cash budgeted for MTO on some Selkirks, and then sit back and enjoy...

I wasn't around that morning, bid up to £61, they went for £77. They were great, but it's the boots I'm looking for more. I keep seeing the dude with the Selkirk, and will have to score a pair eventually. They are amazing.

I do like the Grasmere, too. I'll put those on my eBay search!

I really want a pair of Utility brogues (the shoes) but I'm shocked at how much Tricker's have gone up, both at retail and the factory shop. Used to be roughly £270 and £170 respectively, now it's £300 plus and £220. I know they're worth it, compared with high street shoes... it's the money not the principle that is the problem.

Amazed how many people ask about the Lennons. Two people yesterday, one antique dealer at SPitalfields reckoned he was ordering a pair that afternoon, will check on his progress in a couple of weeks.

Unlucky with the auction, mate - I was watching a battered old pair on eBay that finished today but I was stuck in a meeting and they went for £57...

You could do worse than have a look at http://www.daviesandson.com/shop/products.asp?cat=35&pg=2 - they have a number of Tricker's country models at previous season's price's. Still pricey, but a saving of around forty quid on most pairs.

Good to hear that the WL's are hitting the mark!

This is my last white's SD acquirement. Black chrome excel. Leather sole. Natural edge. Close trim. All antique eyelets. Cap toe.

dsc_0474.jpg

dsc_0476_276346.jpg

dsc_0488.jpg

A comparison with one of my other pairs. Brown semi dress, cuban heel, 700.

dsc_0001_647065.jpg

dsc_0002.jpg

dsc_0008.jpg

dsc_0009.jpg

dsc_0012.jpg

Yes, these exactly, this is what I want out of a White SD boot. Who did you order through?

I just got the Thorogood 685s but it looks like they might have given me two different leathers? They look the same hue, but the grain looks different

EDIT: Epaulet has been working hard to deal with this. Don't think I would get such fast responses over a weekend with many manufacturers.

any advice?

edit: this was with flash so the difference stands out a bit more, but the front one should have caught more light actually

doesn't help that you took a photo with one in sunlight and one in shade, but i see what you mean in the creases. i would shoot them an email (with better photos) and ask what's up. probably exchange them if possible.

i usually don't support nitpicking quality control, but i definitely would not want to wear two different colored shoes.

worst case (they won't exchange/refund) you could hit them both with polish to even out the color a bit.

good luck!

I just got the Thorogood 685s but it looks like they might have given me two different leathers? They look the same hue, but the grain looks different

I have the same shoes, and the grain will even out over time (one of my boots also looked smoother to begin, and some slight color difference too but not like in those pics). Keep in mind that leather is impossible to match perfectly, and the "flaws" often turn out to provide more character in the long run.

I wouldn't worry about it unless they look so completely different that you can't live with it (you're the one who has to look at them every day).

I have the same shoes, and the grain will even out over time (one of my boots also looked smoother to begin, and some slight color difference too but not like in those pics). Keep in mind that leather is impossible to match perfectly, and the "flaws" often turn out to provide more character in the long run.

I wouldn't worry about it unless they look so completely different that you can't live with it (you're the one who has to look at them every day).

Cool thanks. there is a new version of that boot about to come out so I was just worried that I had somehow gotten one from the new run. This is reassuring

I can appreciate now the love for Tricker's...am keeping the Grasmere, had no option after having handled them last night.

There's not a lot to dislike with these boots:

dscf1810u.jpg

dscf1819k.jpg

Catalogue pose and Barbour optional...

dscf1826a.jpg

They take a shine pretty well, will give them a decent once-over tonight...don't think I'll get them as polished as the GTs, however:

dscf1834a.jpg