Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Nice, what are you having them make? I recently ordered a pair with the MP toe. I've been waiting to hear back from them about using custom white stitching for the upper, but if hukurokuju is selling brass roller buckles now, I may just order some of those and compliment them with black or brown stitching on the upper.

I went with the Boss with MP toe also. I chose brown upper stitching, and I'll post pics when they get here (it's been 10 weeks, so I have 2-4 left).

arent those pictures from a member here who is trying to sell them? I believe they were a custom pair , ordered directly with Viberg.

Atzec, nice pickup, from ebay.de right? I still need to pick up my first pair of Trickers.

btw has anyone ever tried the shoe repair service from this guy who is advertising on ebay.de? He seems pretty qualified.

http://cgi.ebay.de/Alden-Allen-Edmonds-Ludwig-Reiter-Trickers-Florsheim-/320652584203?pt=Kleidung_Accessoires_Schuhe_Herrenschuhe&hash=item4aa862250b

^^Looks like he hand welts as well as the sole stitching, which takes a lot of skill anyway. Pretty nice work. I think the hidden channel is a nice touch, as well as the placement of the nails in the heels. He looks like he gives a lot care to the process. If its a good price I would give it a shot. Except I doubt he'll be willing to hand stitch triple soul work boots.

Earlier I posted a pair of Ryesville Koats & Jackets Engineer Boots out of Japan that were similar to MF RC's and there were comments made on who copied who (if even at all). Christophe provided some insight behind his boots here

That's a great response and beautiful boots. Did u ask Christophe about the RCs inspiration or did he just pop up to set the record straight?

xpost from this/that thread:

Yuketen-CountryLoafer-2.jpg

Me personally? I like these (so, this, technically, not that).

Earlier I posted a pair of Ryesville Koats & Jackets Engineer Boots out of Japan that were similar to MF RC's and there were comments made on who copied who (if even at all). Christophe provided some insight behind his boots here

isn't that called bitchassness in some circles?

hasn't the engineer boot type been around forever? how could either be a ripoff of the other?

It's not the similarity in terms of the style, but it the shape of the toe and some of the other features. If you look at both, they are both very slim. And both look unlike just about any other engineer boot, but very much like each other (obviously with some key differences).

Hey guys, I really need money so I'm selling my USMC boondockers.

Size 10 E I bought them from What Price Glory and they were made for the TV show the pacific. They are built pretty well. I wore them for a few weeks before realizing they sent me size 10 instead of 11.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290533220309&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

I need money really badly so I'll take an offer too even though ebay says 85$

Gime an offer and I might take it. I need the money to pay for a train ticket to go see my girlfriend next week so I'm desperate to sell these.

If you want em send me an email

adam at adofilms.com

Again, no way to “reply with quote”…

ThisSunday: That's a great response and beautiful boots. Did u ask Christophe about the RCs inspiration or did he just pop up to set the record straight?

- No, Christophe read Ed’s comment on my blog and is defending his product.

Happy Hooligan: you got dismissed. I hope you got a final "A" for your hard work.

- I know…who says that??? I guess we all just got schooled.

fre&co: isn't that called bitchassness in some circles?

- Christophe’s “schooling?” Whatever it’s called, I guess you can say it’s a man who’s passionate and protective of his products.

Here’s another pair with a similar last and tapered instep strap (a characteristic found on Knapp Engineer Boots) as the MF RC’s and Ryesville Great Smoky Engineer Boots. I wonder who inspired who.

43%20SH02%202-thumb-340xauto-2558.jpg

Does Julian still produce the Mister Freedom RC? Last time when I was in the store, they wouldn't tell me who is making their boots. Also, the leather on the MF RC kind of look like the leather on my rising sun boots. Hmm.. I don't know if i'm right. Maybe Eddie can comment on this..

Here’s another pair with a similar last and tapered instep strap (a characteristic found on Knapp Engineer Boots) as the MF RC’s and Ryesville Great Smoky Engineer Boots. I wonder who inspired who.

43%20SH02%202-thumb-340xauto-2558.jpg

Those in particular really resemble the boots Dean has on in this shot: 1z6wix.jpg

I'm unsure of Frye's following on here, but about a year ago i got a pair of Frye 12R engineers, I was initially in love with them just because I had wanted a pair of engineers for a while and I liked the history behind the company. They were on sale in a store in NYC and they looked good so I bought them, but I've noticed over time there are some quality issues with them. The the vamp straps are different lengths and the buckle holes don't match up very well (if i use the second hole on both boots one boot is tighter then the other) there are similar issues with the top straps, except not only are they not the same length, and again have hole placement issues, but they were each sewn in differently, one was stitched in much further forward than the other and had excess material beyond that.

I was wondering if anyone else has seen similar issues with Frye products, did I get a bad apple? a bootleg? a bad overseas production as opposed to american made? to be honest i just was hoping to get a little bit more out of them for the money i paid, but maybe you have to get Frye's higher end stuff (rogan engineer, heath harness) instead to get the better quality. I just happen to really like the history behind the company so I wanted to give it a second chance and get another opinion before I decide to spend my hard earned money elsewhere.

Those in particular really resemble the boots Dean has on in this shot: 1z6wix.jpg

OMG, James Dean was a short-arse, who didn't even sort out a chainstitch! As a style icon, he's finished.

(Marinebilly, thanks for all this Engineer info, it's great stuff. Good on Christophe, too, mixing it with the haters)

OMG, James Dean was a short-arse, who didn't even sort out a chainstitch! As a style icon, he's finished.

Paul , ffs give us shortarses a break . It's bad enough trying to get jeans in a 26 inch inseam without being picked upon also ! ;)