Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Hi, I'm going to buy Alden indy boots soon. 405 or 403

but sadly there's no Alden retailer in my city.

so I ask you which size will be good for me.

White's 8.5 E swing last semi-dress fit me just right.

If there's someone who has both of them please advise me.

I'll be thankful.

I own two pairs of Indy boots and several pairs of White's boots. I have found that I need to go down one half size in Alden compared to White's. And I believe I am not the only one who has had that experience.

There is some good Alden sizing advice here: http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/index.cfm/fitting.htm

Gang - unfortunately I'm not familiar with Whites sizing - as weird as it may sound - get the same size you wear in Converse Chuck..

thanks for your advise beatle.

because of the wide feet I don't buy any converse before. but I'll try..

I'm really enjoy your Eternal project these days.

if I had more time to wear denim.. I could be one of them...:(

I own two pairs of Indy boots and several pairs of White's boots. I have found that I need to go down one half size in Alden compared to White's. And I believe I am not the only one who has had that experience.

There is some good Alden sizing advice here: http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/index.cfm/fitting.htm

Goldwater, great information!!

maybe I'll go 8E in Indy boots.. thank you very much.

Hi, I'm going to buy Alden indy boots soon. 405 or 403

but sadly there's no Alden retailer in my city.

so I ask you which size will be good for me.

White's 8.5 E swing last semi-dress fit me just right.

If there's someone who has both of them please advise me.

I'll be thankful.

go to an orthopedic footwear reapair/store and have them measure your foot with a brannock device. have them measure your foot heel to ball and heel to toe. if the heel to ball measurement is bigger than the heel to toe, order the heel to ball measurement. if the heel to toe is bigger, use that one. combine either the heel to toe or heel to ball measurement with the width measurement, and there you have it.

worked for me. my heel to ball measurement was 11.5 and heel to toe was 10.5 - got the 11.5 and they fit perfectly.

*when i ordered mine, there happened to be an alden retailer available in the Raleigh area. I went to them to get measured and they totally screwed up and put me in a 10.5C which was...as you might assume...1 whole size small.

also - white's boots sizing compared to 405 -

I was able to go the White's boots factory/store in Spokane when I was there visiting family and got size for a pair of Semi-dress. 10.5C is what they put me in, and they fit perfect. how bout that?

I have Roys in 9E (roomy) and Whites in 9E (on the tight side of comfortable)> I'd possibly size up to 9.5E if buying another pair of Whites.

I'd agree with this. The Roys run big, even bigger than other Trubalance lasted shoes. I have Roys and Indys in 11 D and the Roys are a much looser fit. The length is probably the same but the volume is greater on the Roy. I also have White's in 11D and 11.5 D and I would say my 11D Roys fit more like my 11.5D White's do.

So many great shoes in this thread. I'm currently looking at the purchase of a couple of pairs of Red Wings from the US, but I live in Australia so nowhere to try them on. Trying to find stockists at the moment...

I wear a US9 in Vans, and a US8 in Clarks DBs. Can anyone suggest a suitable size for RW 875, the classic 6" round toe, or the Beckman Chukka? Hit me up with a pm and be rewarded with lashings of physically worthless internet reputation.

So many great shoes in this thread. I'm currently looking at the purchase of a couple of pairs of Red Wings from the US, but I live in Australia so nowhere to try them on. Trying to find stockists at the moment...

I wear a US9 in Vans, and a US8 in Clarks DBs. Can anyone suggest a suitable size for RW 875, the classic 6" round toe, or the Beckman Chukka? Hit me up with a pm and be rewarded with lashings of physically worthless internet reputation.

if you're in melbourne, check out country and western boot co in richmond