Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

White's sells boots on custom order basically, they don't really do much in the way of stock boots so you won't find these for sale, in stock, like this except maybe direct from White's on Ebay. If you go to BakerShoe.com and select their Bounty Hunter boot with brown rough out and the other appropriate details you would pretty much get this exact boot I believe. The Semi-Dress you are looking at is in the same leather...but that is the only similarity, otherwise it's a different boot. You can pick from tons of leathers with White's, that picture is merely a representative sample of one possible configuration.

thanks for the info man, exactly what i needed to know. generous information! ;) must spread!

Yeah, its gotta be the second one.

I like the suede jcrew ones but I am thinking of getting a pair with a more durable sole. My Roy boots are almost half as thick in the crepe sole at the balls of my feet so I am guessing I am going to have to have them replaced in the next couple of months. I wear them every day so I am thinking of something to switch around with them and wear for the 3 months they will be gone for the restoration.

cheers for the 2 cents. i am leaning towards the kudu leather indy's. i like the cordovan cap toes from jcrew but i am not a fan of the cap and may be a little too dressy for me.

You could get the plain captoes from the shoe mart. Basically the same shoe I believe.

Not sure if people know about this/if I'm blowing a spot up but I found a place in the Financial District called the Stapleton Shoe Company that sells Aldens (and Allen Edmonds and some other brands) at around 15% off (which works out to a savings of $70-80) for all the shoe models. They have weird hours (8am - 5pm most days) but are legit.

I received my WESCO catalog in the mail today and noticed they advertise a photo of Boss' with roller buckles. They've said time and time again that WESCO Japan is the only company to offer them.

I sent them an email to confirm.

Did you notice it on that pair of red roughout Boss boots? I haven't asked Wesco, but Bakers has nickel roller buckles available (though not pictured in their custom options gallery), and they told me I can send in any buckels I want that are 5/8" for the top, and 7/8" for the bottom.

So I just assumed that the boots with them in the catalog were ordered through Bakers. I would be interested to hear what they tell you.

cheers for the 2 cents. i am leaning towards the kudu leather indy's. i like the cordovan cap toes from jcrew but i am not a fan of the cap and may be a little too dressy for me.

I own a pair very similar to the J. Crew captoes (Leather Soul Jumpers), as well as a pair of Indy's with a commando sole (essentially an Ultimate Indy). Between the two pairs, I wear the Indy's about twice as often as I wear the Jumpers. I would attribute this mostly to the versatility of the commando sole as I live in a pretty wet climate where leather soles aren't favorable. If my Indy's were made of Chromexcel or Kudu leather instead of cordovan, I dare say I'd wear them four times as often as the Jumpers.

Go with the Indy's.

any one know if white's has anything special i could order in a shoe for flat feet?

riff chose the right pair, as usual

slide13, that is an amazing deal for $160, soft toe aside.

Cheers Morse!

^Either way, don't get the Alden's from J.Crew...Maybe it's my own misguided perception but the quality doesn't seem as nice...(FWIW, my vote is #2 and #1...)

Gotta be perception Aho ;) The quality on these is superb - on par with anything I have from Leathersoul.

Super - if you're looking for something to flog in winter, I would rule out suede and/or anything with a leather sole. The Aldens I wear the most when the deep freeze hits are these:

1c0bdc67.jpg

They're the AF64 from Alden-of-Carmel.

The sole is the same as the Danner ML2 and is amazing for winter.

^ joelz - wish I could take credit for that shot - it's one I randomly found online, because I couldn't find my own & the Alden-of-Carmel shots really don't do the boots justice..

The only one of my own pics I did now just find does show the gnarly sole, though!

6981a42e-1.jpg

Aho - I hear ya! Still that employee discount must be nice ;)

Hi, I'm going to buy Alden indy boots soon. 405 or 403

but sadly there's no Alden retailer in my city.

so I ask you which size will be good for me.

White's 8.5 E swing last semi-dress fit me just right.

If there's someone who has both of them please advise me.

I'll be thankful.

anyone else received an email from Julian explaning why he hasnt been responding to his emails; there's a link in the mail to some site with amazing pictures of his boots (also Rising Sun clothing). His boots are absolutey breathtaking, how much did they cost again, might have to save up for a pair!

check the pics yourselves on www.maximrie.com