Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Do all Whites come with the brand stamp on the side? This is the first I have noticed.

Thanks. Here are a few more pics that might be a little more clear.

dsc2984q.jpg

Color isn't accurate on this one due to flash I guess, they are darker as shown in the first picture.

dsc2985v.jpg

dsc2986.jpg

This sort of shows how soft the toe is. Still not sure about this...

dsc2987.jpg

dsc2988.jpg

Overall I'm very happy with how these boots look, White's rough-out leather is awesome stuff. I also really like the added heigh as compared to my Semi-Dress boots. These seem basically like a Bounty Hunter...is there any difference between the BH and the FR other then one is White's name and the other Baker's?

Can anyone speak to the quality of the EpicMilitaria Roughouts? I ordered a pair and the constructions is much better and more consistent than the At the Fronts. But the leather that covers the top of the foot has a strange diagonal pattern if you look closely at it. It doesn't look like regular suede/roughout. Could it be synthetic? The rest of the upper looks fine.

No, not all White's come with that...as far as I know it's only the taller boots, none of my Semi-Dress models have it but most of the Farm-Ranchers, Bounty Hunters, etc. that I have seen do. Probably something you can request either way. I sort of like it actually, especially on the rough-outs where it's very subtle in real life.

It's a shade lighter in real life. Almost looks like a chemical reaction deep in the leather, I can't rub it off or anything.

Would Saddle Soap help for sure? Or is it a "try and see if it works" method?

I think you're definitely in the "try and see if it works" category. Usually treatment products darken leather, not lighten it. I've never seen boots do that before. I sorta like it, though. I say do the exact same thing to the other boot to get them to match and just consider them custom.:)

Absolute worst case scenario is just to buy another pair. Clarks DBs are, what, $80 or so?

It's a shade lighter in real life. Almost looks like a chemical reaction deep in the leather, I can't rub it off or anything.

Would Saddle Soap help for sure? Or is it a "try and see if it works" method?

Snapshot_201011043.jpg

Don't do anything for a while. just let them dry out.

I think the waxy leather shouldn't have been sprayed with anything.

I see the problem. What the heck did you use that makes leather lighter? Almost all conditioners makes leather darker. Makes me think the skin wasn't properly tanned. Either do the same to same thing to the other one like houstonchris suggested or use a generous amount of shoe cream and wax, after you wash and dry them. Should darken them back up again.

Cheers my friend! I'll snap some detail shots for you when I get home tonight... :)

a03ecf43.jpg

Devilish is right - they're the Carhartt selvage duck Ropers, from the Euro line.

@Thinfinn - here's some more pics for you, as promised. Great boots, highly recommended!

53d79eef.jpg

e5ac076b.jpg

thx a lot my friend! will rep asap!

so they aren't really that greyish like the ones i've posted though they are the same ones, aren't they?

Alden-for-Winn-Perry-Little-Tanks01-480x289.jpg

and mate, can i/we some day see your whole shoe-/boot-collection? :) looks like you have almost everything many of us ask for...Jealousy fire :rolleyes:

I see the problem. What the heck did you use that makes leather lighter?.

I used Allen Edmond's Cleaner/Conditioner. It was fine for a few minutes, but then I sprayed the Allen Edmond Water Proofer and a few minutes later it started discoloring.

I think it was the fact that I didn't wait for the Conditioner to dry for a full day before applying the waterproofer. Either that, or the waterproofer itself is horrible for my shoes.

Don't do anything for a while. just let them dry out.

I think the waxy leather shouldn't have been sprayed with anything.

I got impatient and ended up applying more conditioner to some parts, so far it seems to be covering up the light spots and going back to normal.

Unfortunately they don't. I've come to the conclusion that it was either caused by A. Applying the products too quickly or B. Something in the waterproofer.

Thanks for having interest in my problem though. I was freaking out immensely earlier.

I found a pair of the wolverine 1000 mile "Montgomery" boots in black but "aged" for a film in a size 12. Made in china. Very light weight. They wanted $60.00 for them. I wouldn't pay that for those boots. Felt like a pair of nikes...

Glad I never bought a pair of these....

any one know if white's has anything special i could order in a shoe for flat feet?

Call the White's Custom Fit guys - they do have a last for people with flat feet. You should also look at WESCO as their custom fit department is probabaly more helpful with fit...

and thanks mike

these are more or right around the price of japanese white's HH. holy shit these are pricey

http://store.unionlosangeles.com/products/brogue-boots

Picked these Redwing western style boots up today , they look like Pecos but dont have that embossed anywhere . Might be a model 1086 ? As this is embossed at the rear of the upper calf along with RED WING and size 10 E . Any help in idnentifyng / dating these would be appreciated .

002-4.jpg

004-2.jpg

005-1.jpg

and thanks mike

these are more or right around the price of japanese white's HH. holy shit these are pricey

http://store.unionlosangeles.com/products/brogue-boots

I like how they're not quite sure what the sole is... "The sole is some kind of rubber/leather hybrid" probably not the best way to sell a product...

I like how they're not quite sure what the sole is... "The sole is some kind of rubber/leather hybrid" probably not the best way to sell a product...

You have to be a bit more convincing then that when trying to gently coax $1200 bucks out of a customer!

But, those are very nice. It's basically a Saddle boot.

The rubber sole with leather tip is like the Alden crepe setup.

I don't know why they called it a brogue though. No perfs...

lawdsakes, those are glorious.

I do plan to settle for these, though, pretty close in vibe for £125. williamlennon.co.uk

178lighttanpshopbig.jpg

Or something even closer. someone over at the FL got a pair a year or so ago, but i don't think has updated on how they wear.

5b39bb12.jpg