Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Cool , I was wondering what there was left in the Trickers boot collection for you to purchase , thought you may have bought shoes . The Bureau retails the same boot might call in tomorrow to have a look . Do they have a double rubber sole or leather mid sole ?

I recently purchased an A2 in seal brown , all my footwear is black at present so looking for something in browns but dont want anything in tan so espresso may be an option . Quite like the look of the Burford but would want a commando sole , might give Richard a call .

ha, i sold a lot of stuff to help fund a house purchase at the end of last year - including my bargain acorn stows which i regret but turned a good profit on.

worth giving richard a call tomorrow as he's then on holiday until after easter. he'll often have offers that aren't advertised on the website and feel free to mention me if it helps. i know he has some old as culfords at a very good price and i'd be surprised if you couldn't get yourself a good deal...

White's/Hathorn oxford for sale -

I am selling a personal pair of White's/Hathorn oxfords in a size 9 D - they are Natural chrome excel leather, natural edge, antique eyelets with a unit lug vibram sole.

I've only worn a few times (less than 5) - I honestly just don't like a 'shoe' - I'd rather be wearing a boot.

Let me know if you're interested - shoot me a fair price and I'll consider it. I'll put them on our website when I get around to it, but I thought i'd offer SUFU first...

Thanks,

Kyle

Baker's Shoes

www.bakershoe.com

[email protected]

I am selling a personal pair of White's/Hathorn oxfords in a size 9 D - they are Natural chrome excel leather,

Oh I see how it is, the natural chromexcel is a Kyle exclusive!

I called and talked to someone (not Kyle) at Bakershoe a couple of months ago asking about natural chromexcel as well as the new engineers. was told basically that White's would need a decent size order to consider allowing it, and i suggested that I knew a couple of guys who would not take much convincing to get on board with a preorder, and if I announced the possibility of it on a forum or two, general interest would grow, possibly enough to fill the order White;s would need. I was told to get a hold of Kyle

Edited by illumin8em

just got back from Capri Shoes in Fullerton. Picked up my Wolverine 1000 Mile boots.

2lm78ye.jpg

2qavj3c.jpg

Great service. Even cleaned them up. Whenever I need to resole a pair of boots, Capri Shoes is where I'll go. Thanks to those who recommended them.

Looks killer man! I dig that vibram sole. Jose at capri is resoling my black redwings right now. I am ditching the Christy sole and

going with a vibram half sole and double mid sole.

Oh I see how it is, the natural chromexcel is a Kyle exclusive!

Ha-ha - we had a few sample hides a few years ago. I'm still trying to get Natural CXL available - I have the help of another guy trying to generate enough demand to bring it in. We need 200 pair to get the ball rolling. I'm confident it will happen this year….

kyle, is there any chance the nomad will be available in the brown dress leather? thanks.

It's possible, but probably not for a little while. I had to pull some strings to get CXL in black and brown...I think the options will open up over time.

I will tell you that these boots are very solid - the hand last and hand stitch makes all the difference in the fit.

Well obviously I'm in. I've been lusting after a 6" custom smoke jumper in natural cxl for ages now.

You were in my mind as one of the fellas when i spoke to him.

I actually prefer White's distressed smooth leather to natural chromexcel. These worn in pairs look fantastic:

I have been seeing those on Japanese site for a while, and I thouhgt they were natural chromexcel. Figured it was just something else that was offered there but not allowed here.

kyle, is there any chance the nomad will be available in the brown dress leather? thanks.

I was wondering this exact same thing. I love my Semi Dress and think that it would work perfectly on an engineer.

Edited by illumin8em

My only beef with the "distressed smooth" leather (and the only reason I'm still waiting/hoping for natural cxl instead) is that it seems to look wildly different every time I see it. The examples above look great.

edit: I also have a bunch of firsthand experience with natural cxl, so I'm 100% positive of it's awesomeness.

Edited by hollowsleather

Looks killer man! I dig that vibram sole. Jose at capri is resoling my black redwings right now. I am ditching the Christy sole and

going with a vibram half sole and double mid sole.

pics when you get them done.

btw do you know if he is able to resole red wings 8130s? the ones with the white crepe sole. tried calling but couldn't get through.

wesco is up to 500 for the base custom boss! that's about 100 off from viberg, right?

of possible interest to a few of you, paul t in particular, this is a scan of a couple of pages from the edward green catalogue of 1965-66. these models are from before the company started naming their footwear after English towns.

the veldtschoen boot butchered by Koko's in london is here ('martin's stout brown waterproof zug whole-cut derby boots') although on a different last - these are on the 64 last, style 253, and mine are on the 25 last, style 253/1.

the country tramping brogue i posted a few pages back is at the bottom:

253250.jpg

yeah, drop me a line with your email addy and i'll send it over.

the manager of edward green's jermyn street shop was a superb help in getting this info from their factory in northampton. apparently the changes in ownership over the years have meant that it's not always easy to identify earlier models as the records aren't always there, but in this case they were able to help out.