Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

any thoughts on what these may be? i see a block heel, speed hooks, and soft toe. at first glance i thought white's, but they are not. sorry for the picture quality, was the best available.

They don't look like White's and they certainly don't look like wolverines. My guess would be Julians or something more exotic.

Aren't those wolverine 1000 milers?

very similar, but that toe could not be accomplished with the 1000 mile toe box

semi dress with block heel? seriously tatted hand..so hungover I can barely type

my first impression as well until paying attention to vamp stitch and presence of a heel cap

I thought that they looked like boots made by E. Vogel, but can't find any style like that on their website. My best guess is Whites.

probably a likely guess, but i have not been able to find on their site, any of the footwear that i have seen elsewhere

thanks for the replies

Yes, I've been wearing other Alden shoes quite a bit. My cap toe cigar shell are getting heavy wear and my cigar & whiskey shell Indys are getting some attention. No evo pics ready though. The other two shell Indys haven't had as dramatic of a change.

Amlai; shell indys look great! already looking forward to the next update

those boots illum8em posted are kickass; i agree with fresco they are most likely Julian or some other lesser known shoemaker/brand. would love a pair of those myself so if you ever find out; pls let us know

Thorogood are impressive value for their money; ive considered buying them as well but theres something about the welt stitching that puts me off + since i already own Indys Im not really convinced these should have the neoprene soles. they would have gone better with commando soles imo

Alright, since there was some really good light today (the sun was out, but just slightly bit overcast) and you don't get too many days like this in the wintertime, I decided to go ahead and shoot a couple of quick shots of the other two shell Indys.

Leather Soul cigar shell Indy:

img3227sized.jpg

Leather Soul whiskey shell Indy:

img3240sized.jpg

Although it's been a while, there hasn't been a lot of obvious evolution since the last update.

...some many URBAN MYTHS about shoes that hang from telephone wires...

one of them i remember we grew up hearing about that in Brooklyn was,

a kid died, so shoes were throw onto the wires....

i believe different parts have different stories,

in chicago, i was told it means a drug cop spot...

love hearing them all...

PS,

these are now in the Supermarket if anyone is interested:

Trickers | Logger Wingtip M7219 | Grey Calf | Japan |

Trickers_Stow_Grey_Calf_001.jpg

Finally got time to take a few pics of my Wolverine Adisson 1000 Mile Boots.

I´ve owned and worn boots for years and years. But these are absolutely SICK! The quality is AMAZING and they had absolutely no breakin time what so ever. These have been wornfor almost every day for two weeks.

Great great boots!

IMG_1222.jpg

IMG_1221.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

Sorry for the shite pic, ,but I wanted to share these before they got worn...these are the Grenson brogues I mentioned earlier, picked up for a bargain. I walk around 3 miles a day as part of my commute to work, so these will be braving the elements...

Captured these mid-polish, I'm using a red polish on the tan boots to bring out a richer patina. The rear boot is the original shade, the flash has kinda killed the contrast between them...

dscf1514.jpg