Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

thanks***in my eyes the Alden 405 is not only one of the most beautiful boot out there - they also provide a perfect fit - in other words - they're really made for walking - which isn't always a given. You might find boots that look nice but feel crappy once u spend a couple hours in them

thanks***in my eyes the Alden 405 is not only one of the most beautiful boot out there - they also provide a perfect fit - in other words - they're really made for walking - which isn't always a given. You might find boots that look nice but feel crappy once u spend a couple hours in them

beatle, your description made my heart beating.

not only good shape but also comfortable

Agreed. I own a pair of 877's and Russell Moccasin Safari Ph's, so i definitely know what you're talking about.

I usually use my Russell on traveling trips just because the 877s are quite bulky. They're absolutely incredible on my feet. I've had problems with feet pain with any sneaker/shoe you can imagine, but the Russells are just perfect.

When I have the funds, my next purchase has got to be Indy's or 405's. I feel like you can dress it up better than you can with Russells and 877s (obviously). Would love to get my hands on a pair.

My 405s are definitely my most comfortable boots. They have moulded to my foot much better than my 875s or GTs and are great for walking. I definitely see a pair of black Indys in my future :)

Updates on my MOTOs for Opie:

3908234044_994fbc4c5e.jpg

3907456795_c76791aeba.jpg

Anyone else think it's high time we get updated evo photos of zakurie's MOTOs? It's been 2 months and at the rate they changed between his first couple sets of photos, they could look like totally different beasts by now.

indies look good beats, what's the jeans? :D

anyone have a suggestion for replacement laces for the ultimate indies?

I'm not a big fan of the laces they came with, feel kinda thin to me, I like the GT laces better, but dunno where u can order those...

Just picked up these for Winter. A pair of nice and heavy Trickers Grasmere..

_SWH2869.jpg

I also managed to also sneak these baby's past the wife...

_SWH2882.jpg

Trickers Stow, Alden/Leather Soul Ultimate 405's, Leather Soul PT boots

_SWH2887.jpg

I'll post the rest of the family up tomorrow!

Following on from what Beatle said about her 405s, I've been meaning to post again about my bounty hunters:

I have finally found boot nirvana with these. No matter how long they are on my feet, I never get that desperate ache to get them off and free my feet. These are comfortable and stay comfortable all day long no matter how much I am walking (I sound like a White's salesman).

I've never had this level of comfort before but my Weatherbys come in second place. I think what makes the difference is the arch-ease in the White's.

As much as I love my 405s, they aren't as comfortable for the long haul because of the annoying twisting tongue and thinner sole.

The redwings I have just don't come close probably because of my unconventional foot shape and for that they come bottom of the list below my C&J boots.

dude, going from sneakers all the time to iron rangers, its not gonna be comfortable at all, no matter what insoles u use

I can attest. As a lifelong Sneaker head, I find myself fighting to keep boots on my feet when they are brand new, but you must. Your style will thank you. There will always be outfits and times for sneakers, but boots are limitless...

so i have a big request/question, but i don't know where to direct it...

is there any way we could update the first page of this thread or start a new thread with all the information people always want to know about the boots and shoes discussed in this thread? it would be insanely helpful to have all that info in one place.

i'm imagining a first page with:

>description/photo guide for common brands and models or "types"

>sizing guide for all brands/models/lasts

>guide to different soles and their functions

>leather care products/directions

>places online and in person to buy

>recommended and reliable repair shops

>info about insoles/laces/shoe trees/etc

i would attempt to do this myself, but fail miserably as i don't have first hand experience with most of these boots. i know this is a somewhat absurd request (it's kind of like every obnoxious question rolled into one), but think how helpful it would be!

plus, it's so much more authoritative to say "read the first page!" instead of "use the search function!"

anyone have thoughts/guidance to offer?

so i have a big request/question, but i don't know where to direct it...

is there any way we could update the first page of this thread or start a new thread with all the information people always want to know about the boots and shoes discussed in this thread? it would be insanely helpful to have all that info in one place.

i'm imagining a first page with:

>description/photo guide for common brands and models or "types"

>sizing guide for all brands/models/lasts

>guide to different soles and their functions

>leather care products/directions

>places online and in person to buy

>recommended and reliable repair shops

>info about insoles/laces/shoe trees/etc

i would attempt to do this myself, but fail miserably as i don't have first hand experience with most of these boots. i know this is a somewhat absurd request (it's kind of like every obnoxious question rolled into one), but think how helpful it would be!

plus, it's so much more authoritative to say "read the first page!" instead of "use the search function!"

anyone have thoughts/guidance to offer?

the first page of the samurai thread is an amazing resource, so something like that would be ideal.

jstavrin- Those Bounty Hunters look amazing. I just mailed in my order and foot tracings to White's yesterday. Getting Semi-Dress with:

semi-dress brown leather

toe cap in same leather

tan leather lining

double leather soles

brown edge treatment

antique hardware with all eyelets

single celatstic toe reinforcement

This will be my first pair of White's and I'm really excited to get them. I was told the current build time is only 2-3 weeks.

Anyone else think it's high time we get updated evo photos of zakurie's MOTOs? It's been 2 months and at the rate they changed between his first couple sets of photos, they could look like totally different beasts by now.

I'll take some pics this weekend...

(also, I am thinking about selling my black MOTOs...to purchase another pair of MOTOs....if anyone is interested, let me know.)

jstavrin- Those Bounty Hunters look amazing. I just mailed in my order and foot tracings to White's yesterday. Getting Semi-Dress with:

semi-dress brown leather

toe cap in same leather

tan leather lining

double leather soles

brown edge treatment

antique hardware with all eyelets

single celatstic toe reinforcement

This will be my first pair of White's and I'm really excited to get them. I was told the current build time is only 2-3 weeks.

post pics instantly... Whites are the only other boots I've been eyeing for a while... And I was thinking also about a cap toe on those semi dress