Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

last weekend's camping trip resulted in some forest critter nibbling the top of the tongue off of my Gentlman Travelers while they sat in the vestibule of the tent at night. Pics on monday, when I get back from this weekend's adventure. (Which is sailing oriented, and thus will not involve boots.)

as promised:

DSCN6103.jpg

best guess is that they were nibbled upon by a critter such as this:

Fred.jpg

(a Pack Rat, which apparently loves toilet paper and salty leather as a snack.)

I would get someone at Whites involved, because if you ordered a bounty-hunter, and got a shoe with a packer toe (each time I see that picture, I am more convinced) you should be entitled to a full refund plus anything else they can do to appease you.

Does anyone have any pictures of the Alden Unlined Suede Chukka well worn?

They look beautiful brand new and I'm thinking of getting a pair for fall to add some variety to my other leather and cordovan boots.

I've only seen them new but I'm wondering what they look like with a few (hundred) miles put onto them.

Thanks!

email conversation with kyle from bakers re: the toe box on fresco's boots theyre in fact NOT a bounty hunter at all.

Ed,

That is our boot and we can make it for you. The Bounty Hunter in a smoke jumper built on a semi dress last (footbed).

We could also put a toe cap on that boot for you.

Thanks,

Kyle

Baker's Shoes and Clothing

"Outdoor Outfitters"

2642 Roosevelt Blvd.

Eugene, Oregon 97402

Local. 541-689-5379

Toll free. 1800-879-0514

fax. 541-689-2435

www.bakershoe.com

one of the most unique thing about bounty hunters is the shape of the toe area. it's more of a smooth, rounder and wider curve from the vamp to the toe compared to semi dress or smokejumpers.

even though his pair has a toe cap on it and it's a little harder to tell, takashi-san mentions it in his bounty hunter page, as well.

and they are definitely different from packers.

I'll tell you one thing Fresco. I usually don't like double leather soles, and your triple just look awesome. The toe box is perfect and the whole boot doesn't look as chunky as a pair of smoke Js. I really like these.

The only thing that would make me return them is the leather, now if you do like this hide, I'd say keep them and wear them HARD!

Of course, if you really had a style in mind and if you're disappointed, it will never be as if you got what you really wanted and you should return them. I know I work that way, if I have something in mind and I don't get exactly what I wanted, I'll never be satisfied.

I too think the boots look awesome. They don't look like the Packer at all to me. The Packer looks real cowboy boot-ish (in a great way, I think!)

Isn't there a White's "Traveller" or something?

Wear them to death and when you get them resoled with the sole setup you had originally requested, you can get them rebuilt on a different last if you still don't like the toe....

But, they do look great!

Anyone have experience with Viberg sizing? The Bobcat looks pretty interesting in the Japanese rough out version.

6bobcat.jpg

However, as far as I can tell Baker's has the available custom options to do the same boot for much cheaper than buying them from Japan. It looks like a good option if I can figure out their sizing.