Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

uhh. I dont really see anything wrong with them other than -

they need a new heel cause you didn't replace it

they have paint on them, cause you probably painted while wearing them

and they need to be cleaned

get some soap, some water, lexol cleaner, obenauf's, and kiwi brown and they'll be fine.

QFT...

they were beat to dead how could they aged beautifully and you dont even care them:confused:

what exactly do you do with those boots? Do you ride a motorbike with them? I'm trying to figure out that heel and sole wear after only 4 months...

Honesty the leather should clean up pretty well. It's the heel and sole that has the issue.

They're work boots. I put them on and go to work. I don't think i should have to treat them with any special care. Don't get me wrong, They're comfortable, fit well and are well made. I just clearly bought the wrong boots for my line of work.

Edit to answer Happy Hooligan:

On top of painting, Drywall work, and landscaping, I walk about 5 miles a day in them. The leather is definitely still in great shape. I just can't see investing in new heels quarterly.

Don't think anyone can reasonably expect dressy leather to withstand that kind of abuse without proper maintenance; why not try the rugged Indy in Kudu leather and lugged sole next time? The 403/405 are really dressier casual footwear now...

scaled.php?server=225&filename=p8090087.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=225&filename=p8090101.jpg&res=medium

p8090133.jpg

These definitely look much worse with age. I was hoping they'd last more than 4 months. Oh well. Back to Redwings.

Back to white's? Id would be interesting to see how a pair of SD, SJ or FR would stand up to the abuse...the SJ is a quite renowned work boot.

Have to spread Ben , but looking great as ever !!!

Happy Hooligan - why does rioting and looting always go together...? I guess without the words rioting before the looting, it's just common theft...

I totally agree , the government should lay a curfew down and shoot any fucking looters !!!

I live in Belfast , which still has it's share of riots even now . In all my time and having been caught up in these things in the past I think I remenber only one instance of looting . The guy worked in my company , he was seen on tv and arrested within a day !!

The C&J shop escaped unscathed, although it's all kicking off again in the city centre...along with a lot of other places :(

I think C&J are likely to be safe from the, ahem, 'discerning' tastes of the looters. JD Sports and Foot Locker on the other hand...

I think C&J are likely to be safe from the, ahem, 'discerning' tastes of the looters. JD Sports and Foot Locker on the other hand...

Looks like the Manchester mob are into Miss Selfridge...

An older Cheaney veldtschoen UK 8 shoe, brand new for a BiN of £65 on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260831385721&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The Cheaney veldts are very wearable, definitely rate them...

Holy shit, Mike. I love those Viberg Hikers. I'm really curious how the Vibergs compare to Danners in terms of comfort.

I did a strenuous 9-hour hike in my Danners and only got one small blister, which is pretty incredible. Best hiking boot I've ever worn.

Have not tried on Danner's boots before, not something I can easily access in my locale. :(

Took the 66 Hikers out for a 4 hour walk the second day I got them, no blistering or pain, but the terraine wasn't difficult at all:

http://indigoshrimp.wordpress.com/2011/08/09/1044/

Hardly worthy of this thread, but can anyone tell me how Sperry topsiders fit? Would you buy your typical dress shoe/boot size or sneaker size?

Mine are half-size down from my dress shoe/converse size. 1 and a half down from Nike size.

I have two questions:

Does anyone here have any experience with Nick's Custom Boots? If possible, can you post a pic of what you have at the moment with regards to this brand?

Also, what's a good leather care product for shoes that have Bull hide and Rough out (black, brown)?

Hardly worthy of this thread, but can anyone tell me how Sperry topsiders fit? Would you buy your typical dress shoe/boot size or sneaker size?

I dont own the classic style, but instead these. I actually had to size up half a size to an 11, while I typically wear a 10.5 in vans and nike and a 10 in Alden

6028539436_7c09b1d611.jpg

^Yep those RW look tasty.

Onehundy, thats a question for Kyle I guess. I never saw anyone from here owning shark.

Now, this is dreeewl. A pair of SD found browsing around.

p550190130-3.jpg

p856723192-3.jpg

I just love the retro classic look of these. The brown semi dress is just wow.

Easy now, dj. Easy...

thats how I wish my brown SD's would look like. I chose a vibram sole but i prefer the cleaner look of only leather sole for those