Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

I am pretty much set for all weather footwear now. It will make packing my suitcase for the Christmas trip home to Blighty much easier and lighter. These and my Danner's, done.

I got the last pair in my size that I could find anywhere and they were a damn good price. A Fine Pair of Shoes were a pleasure to deal with as well.

Yeah, I can also vouch for A Fine Pair of Shoes, fantastic service and speed of delivery. Shame they don't stock the burgundy wax polish any more...

I had another pair of Lotus boots arrive today, as I figured that they were the ones that would be hardest to replace if anything happened to them, and £33 didn't seem like a big outlay on them :D

Yeah, it's because of the history that they appeal...the seller listed these as a possible 12, the measurements looked more like a 10, but they're a tight 9.5 IMHO...I'll have to see if I can get them stretched...

They've been maintained with black polish by the looks of things, which doesn't look bad at all...

I got the second from last pair of Kelso from AFPOS too. Just oiled them, a little tight 11.5FX, I'm going hold on to it, but if someone want to pick it up let me know.

Anyway, need some advice here... Indy boots in need of botox... what do you think the proper remedy for this?

Excessive creases and wrinkles, I put shoe tree when not worn, need boot tree?

20110729-IMG_1072.jpg

20110729-IMG_1074.jpg

20110729-IMG_1073.jpg

@rkusmant

I do like the wrinkles and crease look there...look more comfortable and somewhat looking real nice

@Choice

Good Choice on those viberg....will get my hand on them if later had a chance

I'm almost embarrassed to post these Wolverines with all of the beautiful "aged" footwear here. Nothing fancy, function over form. Have been through hell and back, mud, water, desert, mountains,blacktop etc. Always keep my feet dry. These are 7 year old made in China $60. Sears bought. Just back from the cobbler with new heels and laces. I'll never get rid of them!

wolverines.jpg

Dated April 12, 1944 these boots are still looking pretty good and going strong for their age. Pretty crazy to think less than two months after these boots were made the invasion of Normandy began. The original soles and laces still have a lot of wear in them.

4-1.jpg

bootsside.jpg

bootsoles-2.jpg

Dated April 12, 1944 these boots are still looking pretty good and going strong for their age. Pretty crazy to think less than two months after these boots were made the invasion of Normandy began. The original soles and laces still have a lot of wear in them.

Impressive. Do you wear them?

M1943 rough worn 11 months almost every day, dubbed over last week. Still using the original soles on these too. Very tough.

These look great, too. Are they a repro?

nice. really nice,

if you ever come across some lotus boots in a 7.5 at a reasonable price, please give me a nudge - each time i see a pair i feel the need to upgrade. :D

I'll see what I can find... :D definitely harder to come by than the shoes, which are rare themselves.

I really like the finish on those ones, here's hoping that they'll be sufficiently stretched when I get them back from the cobbler in the week!

Boots...then shoes, if the boots work for you... :D

Anyone here have any experience of dyeing leather? Got a little restoration 'project' underway, and think that leather dye might be the only way forward...

I think mikecch dabbles in that dark art. Worth giving him a pm.