Levi's Vintage Clothing

here's some pics anyway

utf-8BSU1HMDA0NTYtMjAxMTA0MjgtMTMwOS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA0NTctMjAxMTA0MjgtMTMwOS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA0NTgtMjAxMTA0MjgtMTMxMC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA0NTktMjAxMTA0MjgtMTMxMC5qcGc.jpg

only problem with them is the 28 inch inside leg - that's ok atm (although it doesn't leave any room for cuffing), but any shrinkage and i'll be cutting them off for shorts... it says to expect 3% shrinkage - probably best just never washing them eh?

You're gonna have to wash 'm sooner or later, no? I don't think they'll shrink awfully much. Cutting off for shorts seems a bit cruel to me, on the other hand, for the price you paid for 'm...

Thanks for sharing Kit. Can you do a daylight close up of the arcs? Brown seems very nice! What about the pocket fabric and the buttons?

Here you go :), here you can see the variance in color and the shape of the arcuate. Also, the color of thread used are different as well, the MIJ model uses only orange thread where the made in USA model uses both orange and dark orange much like Evisu. The buttons are different as well, the MIJ pair had black laurel leaf and donut buttons and the current pair is silver with one button actually looking like its oxidized. The leather patch is much thicker in the current model as well. I've spoke with the salesmen at Inventory and they also see the huge variance in production but they said Levis explanation is that the rationale remains the same, using whatever materials and hardwares remaining to construct 44s...they hold true to this logic and hence the variance to the jeans in different production years.

In terms of fabric, the old pair's has a very blue hue after the first soak and resulted in a very vintage fade. The current pair is made from cone denim from North Carolina, a bit darker in color and smoothness to it.

DSC03213.jpg

DSC03214.jpg

DSC03215.jpg

DSC03217.jpg

Don't believe orange tabs did ever have selvage. And Talons survived for a pretty long time. Do post pics, we don't have enoughh orange tabs on here. What model are they?

I feel like I remember an interview w/ Lynn Downey where she talks about some orange tab 505's she had. They were bigE, and had selvage IIRC. I might be making up the selvage, but I know they were OT and big e.

on the subject of different tabs,

has anyone come across black tab? I saw a big E black tab jacket the other day when I was up in leeds for the day. shop owner said it may be canadian?

Anyone seen vintage black tab before?

does LVC reissue this?

I've only seen the black on presta polyester levi pants.... and I think with gold letters, but it's been awhile.

I love this thread, I can't wait until I can afford a LVC piece.

you'll get some. if you're on a budget check the supermarket and ebay you can save some money. the most important thing in building a collection: know your size. and get the actual measurements before you buy. alot of folks (myself included) have suffered setbacks by taking tagged size at face value and/or not knowing what STF size they needed to get the correct post wash fit.

Thanks Roy. Its a killer jacket. I really like wearing it with my 209 coveralls. I look just like a farmer. LoL

We don't believe you, we'll need photographic evidence.

you'll get some. if you're on a budget check the supermarket and ebay you can save some money. the most important thing in building a collection: know your size. and get the actual measurements before you buy. alot of folks (myself included) have suffered setbacks by taking tagged size at face value and/or not knowing what STF size they needed to get the correct post wash fit.

Yeah, I've seen the posts with people whose pants have shrunk beyond fitting. No doubt, I'll scour the threads when I come up with some extra money.

Change your username to richman and believe in the power of positive thought. You never know...

...or even better....LVCman. LOL.

scour ebay too poorman - i picked up a pair of new '66 (i think - late 60s model anyway) 505s for £11 last year...

agreed, i have occasionally gotten some bargains on ebay. last fall i bought some one wash 555 20's 201's for $50.---they were listed badly. no mention of LVC, big e etc... found them under the searchword buckleback. if you know what you're looking at sometimes things pop up. best one i ever got; 2-3 wash blue bell wranglers 11 mwz (genuine vintage) $27. bargains are out there you just have to hunt them down.