A.P.C.

jeepster

I had N&F WG's as well. I disliked the fit, and I wore the shit out of them and didn't get much results. better than most reg. indigos I've seen, but still nothing to write home about.

For N&F i sized at 30. NS I went 29. I would have gone 28 but they didn't have it and I just couldnt wait. I could button 29 fine the first time (i know its a no-no) but I'm happy with the fit. its fitted but not tight at all. the problem with my WG was the taper was so intense, I got carrot legs.

tl;dr- go down at least one but possibly 2 from your WG size.

I can't believe I actually read this whole thread but it blows my mind how many times people ask the same questions.

here's what I've learned:

- people don't know how to size apc denim (common rule of thumb, size down two sizes from normal jeans--levi's, etc). If you size down more than two sizes you run into issues possibly.

- if you like/don't like the way the cut looks on you when you first put them on the style doesn't change only the stretching. You shouldn't be able to do all the buttons up at first and you'll feel like a fat ass, tough.

- why do people get so excited to wash their jeans? hell the head of APC even recommends never washing raw denim jeans.

- raw denim is an experience and a journey. just wear them and eventually they'll look sweet. you can't fast track the experience.

I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting but whatever I've ranted enough. I'm sorry if I sound like a dick but people forget, there jeans and they're meant to be worn. Jeans are an excellent piece of clothing.

I've had my NC's for over two years and never once washed them, nor do they smell and they look awesome.

If people are looking for another option at the APC price point I recommend Rogue Territory denim from California. Karl makes excellent items.

What a lot of people tend to forget is that APC denim is vanity sized. And the terms "I sized down one/two", are referring to their true waist size, and true jean waist measurement, not the tagged size.

So in short, if I had a 30" waist, I would get NS in tagged size 26 if I were to size down two. Since a tagged size 26 actually measures 28". I hope that clears any doubts for any newcomers since I've been seeing people posting "sized down 4" which is clearly impossible and will confuse any newcomers to APC or raw denim in general.

My PS's stink like scallops from cooking the other night. I've tried leaving them in the freezer overnight to no avail. Figure I'm at the 6 month mark so I might as well wash them, probably be back with results tomorrow.

BTW, anybody seen the results of a ocean wash for black denim? My other pair should be due for a second wash once it gets warm out.

@aleopold - I don't understand why people would want to cheat and wash the jeans to give them the worn look? You can do this naturally over time. A soak or more encouraged by APC, dry cleaning the denim would be the best way to keep the stiffness in the denim longer.

Here's a quote from an interview with Jean Touitou (head and founder of APC) where he states his preference.

"Could you speak a bit about your Butler series of denim?

My jeans are done in a very good denim. Some people like to wear it in its raw state and never like to wash it which I agree"

Jean Touitou Interview

I saw this from last week in the Edmonton Journal, where a student at the University of Alberta and his teacher tested a pair of Nudie Jeans that hadn't been washed in 15 months and the results? No ill effects in germs, etc.

Edmonton Journal Article

I wouldn't call it "cheating" when you wash your jeans. Some people do it purely out of necessity because their jeans smell or they spilled something on it resulting in a stain.

Washing is also a good way of extending your jean's life since it removes bacteria and grime from your jeans. It does a more thorough job of cleaning the jeans than just a soak or dry cleaning them.

Technically speaking, there's no such thing as cheating when you're dealing with denim. It is the person's own story and they can do whatever they want with them. The only time I would see it as cheating is in a denim competition and someone decides to distress their jeans by using sandpaper or something similar.

I agree, people can do what they want with their denim. I'm half joking on the cheating thing, not trying to bother anyone with that comment but seriously it's not rock n' roll to wash your jeans. There's febreeze and all kinds of options for getting the stink out.

You know how many times I've spilled beer or got ketchup or something on them? Just run your ass to bathroom, hit the soap dispenser and water and boom back to races.

My jeans have a beautiful yellowish patina to them especially on the front pockets and the honeycombs on the back of the knees are fraying + multiple crotch repairs from riding the bike.

I'll have to take pictures soon, just have a broken ankle right now.

beautiful beautiful filth and just think people spend $300 on horrible jeans like Seven and Rock and Republic to look like that.

I use to live in Toronto for 13 years and at least people have a sense of fashion there and good stores and here in Calgary people do not have a sense of fashion and the only good shops we've had all go out of business. Thank goodness for Vancouver being only an hour away by plane.

^^ im pretty sure thats not how it works. if u had a 30 waist, you would size down to a tagged 28, and then the stretching on apcs, would stretch back to your actual waist, which is a 30. therefore, you are sizing down one/two instead of four.

If you actually measure brand new tagged 28" APCs, they actually measure 30". They would then stretch an estimated 2 inches more.

Quoted from the first page

-Many are confused why you size down from the tagged size with APC's - this is known as vanity sizing. This entails that the jeans are cut usually a size or two bigger than what they are tagged as, and because APC denim is normally raw, that they will stretch considerably from the tagged size. DO not fear sizing down, it is your friend!

I'm convinced it's impossible to fit into APCs that have been sized down 4. I'm a 28-29, sized down 2 (to 27) thinking that was playing it safe, and I cut my finger trying to get the second button done the very first time I wore them. And I would re-open the cut every time I had to pull out my wallet from my pocket, or get out my cell phone. To this day i still struggle to do up the very top button.

i heard that one of the APCs is modeled after the dior 19 cms.....can someone tell me which apc? I was thinking about getting a pair of 19 cms but they're just really too expensive.

I am pretty sure that Diors are modeled after APC denim, the 21 cm cut after New Standards and the 19cm after New Cures, but I may be mistaken. I am fairly certain though that Diors are based on APCs since APC has been around since 1988 and Dior only started making men's jeans in the early 00's (2002-2003)

I am pretty sure that Diors are modeled after APC denim, the 21 cm cut after New Standards and the 19cm after New Cures, but I may be mistaken. I am fairly certain though that Diors are based on APCs since APC has been around since 1988 and Dior only started making men's jeans in the early 00's (2002-2003)

thx... im not all that sure about myself either i just knew that they paralleled eachother.

so since the last 2 pages have been a jumble of size fitting can someone tell me exactly what size to buy?

my 21 cms are 34 (with about an inch to spare), and i usually do wear 34 jeans