A.P.C.

jeepster

thanks man! i just ordered 28s (4 down, just to be on the safe side), but hopefully they arent too baggy.

2 is good, 3 is kind of pushing it. I don't think you'll be able to put on an even if you do, the denim will get real thin in some areas and rip pretty easily. Good luck with that.

this was cruel but funny. hopefully he can get an exchange...

The denim bar lies a lot -- mainly in an attempt to sell their HUGE sizes that only really fat people would wear (but not a lot of fat people know about raw denim) so they lie to you so you buy them. Really, you should size down 4 or 5, otherwise your NCs will be way baggy in the thigh and stack up to your knees.

(10)

thanks man! i just ordered 28s (4 down, just to be on the safe side), but hopefully they arent too baggy.

does anyone know how PS sizing/stretching compares to the NC? I have NC in size 30...what size PS would you recommend?

I'm pretty sure it's the same denim, so the stretch amount will be the same. It's all relative to how you size it. If you size smaller, they'll stretch more. When choosing your PS size, I would bear in mind that PS has a lower rise than NC so they should sit lower on your hips.

got my nc sz 30 in the mail today. im really happy with the fit - it stacks kinda weird when i look at them, but i like the look in the pic. sized down two from true waist, a bit hard to get into them and i can button the first and with enough force i can get the top and none of the ones in the middle haha. either way, hopefully they wont stretch too much. maybe i shouldve sized down 3?

screenshot20100311at814.png

sorry for the crummy pic, ill take a better one later

question: how well do new standards do for guys with large thighs and buttocks?

i'm 32in waist, 24.5in thighs in circumference. i'm not sure if they'll stretch to accommodate me. otherwise, i might look into some rescues.

If you have bigger thighs, get the Rescues. They will fit better, look better. They will look more like NS on you than NS would- I am saying a skinny dude in NS and a bigger dude in Rescue will look more similar. I have written about this before, maybe search my user name and "rescue". But big thighs and such a taper makes proportions look wrong.

i'm 32in waist, 24.5in thighs in circumference. i'm not sure if they'll stretch to accommodate me. otherwise, i might look into some rescues.

not good. i have a 33.5 waist and 23" thighs and they are too tight. what do you squat?

It was on the other SF:

"My suggestion still stands. Hem is slightly bigger than what you may be looking for, but if you are big you are big, and can't wear skinny hemmed jeans and still look proportional. I was looking for the exact same thing. Had plenty of fuller cut work-wear jeans to wear with Red Wing's and such, but wanted a pair of slimmer ones to wear with Brando Lace's and slimmer shoes (brogues) or sneakers. As I said, I thought the Rescue would not work, and did not even try them on the first time I went to the store. When I went back to return the NS's I looked ridiculous in I gave them a shot and they are doing exactly what I want them for, and what sounds like you want.

Don't go by Rescue pics online, most people are wearing them very oversized. And just comparing measurements is tough too, as all jeans fit different.

Coles Notes: You really need to give the Rescue a try. Just trust me."

get rescues my dude. Ive got big thighs from training for sports and all that crap in highschool, rescues are sick. new standards werent workin out for me. youll love the rescues. dont size down any more than 2.

Interesting you say do not size down more than 2. I got My Rescues in 31, and probably could have/should have done a 30. I do not own any other jeans that are not 34 (except for Bears x Eternal that are 32, but were tagged 2 down, and fit too small on me). I have not worn size 31 jeans since high school.

If you are thinking APC, you ought to be able to find somewhere to try them on, so just do that.

not good. i have a 33.5 waist and 23" thighs and they are too tight. what do you squat?

i'm currently at 3x5@270 on linear progression. good to see that sufu has some weight lifters.

thanks for the reply guys. i'll find a place to try them on. i was about to rip through my eternals and have had to resort to sweatpants for awhile :o

5 seems extreme but I can believe it. My size down 3s are arguably too big and I do not mind a roomier fit.

I would be careful though of trying to replicate the fit of NS by sizing down so much. You may end up in the same place with proportions looking off. The problem is, to get the room in the thighs and stride, you need to take the room in the seat and waist that comes with it.