small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

^ I pm'ed the editorial website he takes photos for and got an email back from the person in the pictures himself:

" Hi Derek,

My boss forwarded me your email, thanks for the interest.

The boots I am wearing when I have a red beanie on were bought at a vide grenier (attic sale) in Paris, and I believe they are blacksmith's boots or some other trade such as that, due to the idiosyncratic style of the flap that covers the laces. I think they date from around the 60's or older.

In the photo where I am wearing a black beanie, I am wearing boots that I bought in Berlin. They too, are trade boots, but according to the lady from whom I bought them and the quality of the leather they should be from the forties.

Needless I to say I have a rather large boot collection, although I only buy second-hand leathers, no new ones.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Jasper"

cool, thanks for this man. My problem is the size of my feet, but hopefully one day, just one day in the near future, I will come across a pair of sweet sweet leather boots in a size 14US... again, thanks for the research.

hey jeepster, im looking for the same type of boots for this winter. im now seriously considering buying whyred`s beckett model. its not that expensive for a pair of boots but its not cheap either...

http://www.whyred.se/website1/1.0.1.0/8/1/?image=2

go for them if you like them, they wouldn't fit me... I think the cut is nice but you may as well get a pair of Doc Martens Monochrome collection if you want something of quality.

Jeepster, since those probably won't work, it might be worth your time to scour some army surplus stores/websites. I remember someone in the first 5 pages or so of the 'Black Lace Up Boots' (sic?) posted some ankle high-ish service boots that were similar.

Surplus usually has a ridiculous amount of sizes, and for the price point, putting a leather sole on or whatever is pretty easy.

EDIT: I called Converse and they gave me an answer. Will leave original question up in case someone likes to read this shi-.

I'm looking to buy a Converse by John Varvatos Jack Purcell Vintage, but I don't know how they fit. I asked the store about sizing, and they told me the heel-to-toe lengths of the shoes in sizes 9 and 9.5. I'm waiting for a response from another store about the 8.5's size. I know I fit fine into a regular pair of Chucks in size 8, but don't own any and can't find the measurement of them myself.

So, quick question to anyone with a regular Converse Chuck Taylor in size 8 (US): can you measure the heel to toe length (including the outer white band) of this pair of Chucks?

Alternatively, if anyone knows how the Purcells I'm looking at buying fit, please let me know, haha.

is there any place that sells white low top cp achilles in sz. 39 in europe?

im so sick of paying customs or arguing with those bureaucrat fuckheads that im not gonna order something from overseas if i can avoid it. i know blackbird has them but they ship ems and ems shipments always get checked. Oki-ni only has size 40 and their prices suck.

I remember a while back Nepenthes/Needles doing these beat-up billfolds, particularly one with a green finish? Does Odin still carry those, and if not, anyone know a place that not only has them, but will mail them? I'm not sure that they're still available, but...I slept.

Your username is the gaelic version of my first name and then my normal last name. Apparently we have all but the same name.

87165drq5.png

Anyone seen this around anywhere other than Dover Street Market? Approximately $40 for shipping is hard to swallow.