small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

Can anyone tell me how the length and width on the AA sheer/summer tees are compared to their standard tees? I tried reading the comments and it seems like they're (a lot) longer than the standard ones but I'd like some confirmation.

Need to kopp cheap basics

so, I really want a pair of desert boots, but the only ones I come across that have relatively close sizes to my foot are Clarks, which I'm fine with. But I want leather boots, not suede.

Are there any other brands that do black leather desert boots for the same relative price as Clarks? If not, where can I find Clarks desert boots in black leather in 14's?

I've asked this question a million times, but please, I just really want a pair. Its getting kinda ridic.

EDIT:

in addition, where can I find boots like these? What is the style called?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qjpwnPW4c1o/SOHe4hAXQaI/AAAAAAAAEFw/dJr03l8IH3Y/s1600-h/9298BlackCapWeb.jpg

size 14...

so, I really want a pair of desert boots, but the only ones I come across that have relatively close sizes to my foot are Clarks, which I'm fine with. But I want leather boots, not suede.

Are there any other brands that do black leather desert boots for the same relative price as Clarks? If not, where can I find Clarks desert boots in black leather in 14's?

I've asked this question a million times, but please, I just really want a pair. Its getting kinda ridic.

EDIT:

in addition, where can I find boots like these? What is the style called?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qjpwnPW4c1o/SOHe4hAXQaI/AAAAAAAAEFw/dJr03l8IH3Y/s1600-h/9298BlackCapWeb.jpg

size 14...

better picture of the boots

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6UzdmF8O-Oo/SOHzjwj-VUI/AAAAAAAAI6I/ZCvlEAkYMms/s1600-h/IMG_9683.jpg

please halp.

water down a bucket of black dye, probably RIT, add a tablespoon of salt (I think thats how you do it), soak them for like an hour or two, set them out to dry, make sure that the soles don't get overly soaked or your shoes are gonna be smelly (maybe stick foot deodorizers in with them while they dry) and then wear (?)

you sorta get the dirty sneaker look by wearing your sneakers julien... :confused:

thanks max. actually all the kids in town have those and wear them to death with their cheap mondays/a77 or jogging for the toughest, and it looks not that great, so i wanted something more original.

Are you just looking for a similar style?

I like the APC ankle boots from this season a bit more. Very similar.

http://www.selectism.com/uploads/RTEmagicC_apc-ankle-high-boot.jpg.jpg

I do like those, the problem is they probably only go up to a size 45 or 46... I'm like a 14US in most shoes, so its an issue. I NEED A PAIR OF BOOTS LIKE THAT FUCK I WANT THEM SO BAD WHY DO I HAVE SUCH BIG FEET.

PLEASE HALP.

^ I pm'ed the editorial website he takes photos for and got an email back from the person in the pictures himself:

" Hi Derek,

My boss forwarded me your email, thanks for the interest.

The boots I am wearing when I have a red beanie on were bought at a vide grenier (attic sale) in Paris, and I believe they are blacksmith's boots or some other trade such as that, due to the idiosyncratic style of the flap that covers the laces. I think they date from around the 60's or older.

In the photo where I am wearing a black beanie, I am wearing boots that I bought in Berlin. They too, are trade boots, but according to the lady from whom I bought them and the quality of the leather they should be from the forties.

Needless I to say I have a rather large boot collection, although I only buy second-hand leathers, no new ones.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Jasper"