small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

This thread has been very successful in superdenim so I think one here would be good, too.

Use this thread to ask those small, stupid, insignificant questions that would ordinarily get you flamed or told "USE THE SEARCH." (Of course, USE THE SEARCH ANYWAY. Don't be lazy.)

DO NOT TROLL THIS THREAD OR START FLAMEWARS. IF YOU DO SO, PUNISHMENT WILL BE SEVERE. CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED.

In addition, ongoing discussion in this thread should be minimal. If a question can be answered in more than one or two posts, then think about posting a thread. Be smart.

Thanks all.

can someone educate me about european sizing.

or send me a link to the site that explains it?

e.g. martin margiela size 50 sweater. i usually wear size L for that brand.

would that fit me?

can someone educate me about european sizing.

or send me a link to the site that explains it?

e.g. martin margiela size 50 sweater. i usually wear size L for that brand.

would that fit me?

European sizes are "10 above" their US sizes.

EU 50 = US 40

EU 48 = US 38

EU 54 = US 44

which (more or less) correspond roughly to the circumference of the largest part of your chest in inches. Sort of. Typically, a 38 is an M, a 40 a L, a 36 a S, etc.

I'd say you'd fit well into the size 50 sweater if you're usually a Margiela L. Of course, his sizing is strange since it varies from EU sizing, to S/M/L sizing, to I/II/III/IV sizing.

Hey Guys,

I searched for an answer to this question.. but couldn't find anything.. or maybe I just didn't look hard enough.

Anyway, would anyone care to inform me of A.P.C. Clothing sizing? I know how they size their jeans.. I'm 5'7 with a medium build so I should go with No. # __ sizing?

Thanks!

really need to know to get my clothing line upanyone know how to sell a collection to stores? :Dthanks

Why don't you try bringing it to stores or getting on the phones? Maybe taking photos and setting up a website with your company, and get it posted on some blogs or something. I'm sure that would help get the name out a bit.

I know, being on this site I should know what cut & sew means, but I can only speculate. Can someone please enlighten me with a definition of cut & sew? I did a search on google, but did not find an answer.

In general, it refers to clothing that has been made to specification, especially t-shirts (as opposed to using blank t-shirts). In Japan, "cut+sew" seems to refer to pretty much any top, as long as it is cut to the specifications of the brand in question.

In general, it refers to clothing that has been made to specification, especially t-shirts (as opposed to using blank t-shirts). In Japan, "cut+sew" seems to refer to pretty much any top, as long as it is cut to the specifications of the brand in question.

You're right but, strictly speaking, shouldn't the articles in question also be made "in house"? As for the japanese use of the term "cut&sew" well they don't speak english for real so don't be surprised if you see it on a cereal box someday: "Chokko kurispi, cutansou, sugoiiiiii!!!!"

Hey Guys,

I searched for an answer to this question.. but couldn't find anything.. or maybe I just didn't look hard enough.

Anyway, would anyone care to inform me of A.P.C. Clothing sizing? I know how they size their jeans.. I'm 5'7 with a medium build so I should go with No. # __ sizing?

Thanks!

1=small

2=medium

3=large

etc

Of course it doesn't mean much, as sometimes small is 36, sometimes it's 38, etc. I wear a 36/46 jacket, 29-30 waist, sometimes a small sometimes an x-small and would say APC 1 usually fit me fine. If you're a slightly bigger guy you're probably a 2. Of course nothing beats trying stuff on, especially with a brand you're not familiar with.

I know, being on this site I should know what cut & sew means, but I can only speculate. Can someone please enlighten me with a definition of cut & sew? I did a search on google, but did not find an answer.

Hmm that isnt really an accurate description. I had this explained to me just recently but i dont really remember. T-shirts, jumpers, cardigans, sweaters and hoodies etc can all fall under 2 categories - cut n sew or fully fashioned. The way they are constructed determines which category they fall under. T-shirts are 'almost' always cut n sew and quality knited sweaters are almost always always fully fashioned - cheaper ones can often be cut n sew.

I really wish I remembered the details but i will ask one of the senior designers when they are back in the office on monday and update...

Guest TheMillionaire
Why don't you try bringing it to stores or getting on the phones? Maybe taking photos and setting up a website with your company, and get it posted on some blogs or something. I'm sure that would help get the name out a bit.

basic...thanks for it, totally gotta get back to the basic, i guess iwas thinking too outside the box.

basic...thanks for it, totally gotta get back to the basic, i guess iwas thinking too outside the box.

People who I know that have started labels actually started selling their goods to stores overseas and not in their own country. In fact, I dont think any of them are actually selling in Australia but overseas instead.

Be weary though, friends/aquaintances have been burned by buyers not coughing up the cash. Make sure you get payment before you supply bulk. This is easily overlooked by someone excited about getting their first buyer.

i'm sorry. but i've seen a couple of sufu'ians here donning accesories from (guy's name & girls name). i can't recall the brand of the line of accesories.

please assist me.

i know they've got a website. but i just can't recall the name

Alex & Chloe

Anyone knows good tailors in Tokyo? I need to have some pants taken in the waist and a few coats shortened. Wouldn't want to mess them up.

Also, I'm considering getting a huge tattoo done here, anyone has recommendations on places to check out in Tokyo for that?