minya

small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

e708dd1a645611e3a0d712fa5b4c0dbe_8.jpg

Trying to find the model of the jacket on the far right there. I'm thinking Moncler, but can't be sure. Even if it is, can anyone tell me what the specific model is? Thanks for your time.

Any recommendations for a fishtail or just parka in general that won't break the bank? 

Bought these rick pants a few days ago and am noticing how tight the waist is now. I'm wondering if I'm able to alter them a bit because other than the tight waist they fit fucking amazingly, they just get a little uncomfortable after a while. There are two seams on the seat of the pants and I'm wondering if my tailor will be able to let them out for me. Would you risk it? Can it be done? They're amazing pants, and I really wanna get them fitting right.

jiDzeum.jpg

inside ^

VNGv9pl.jpg

^ outside

Thanks in advance.

if they are made like dress pants with overlapping fabric over the center seam, they can be taken out. otherwise, it's not worth messing around with

Just bought a pair of Hender Schemes and the soles look pretty shabby. Is it best to take them to a local boot repair shop to get a new pair of soles fitted? How does resoling in general work? Also i'm looking specifically for the vibram ripple soles, does anyone know where I can pick up a pair of replacements online? 

You can either get them completely resoled or have a protective sole added to the bottom if you want to keep the original sole and get a layer of protection. You'd probably want to do the latter. I usually just buy the soles I want online and take them to my cobbler.

And if you decide to buy the soles online , have a chat with the cobbler first. For some of my shoes he needed a sole two sizes bigger..

How to cancel purchase on international rakuten? Haven't even made payment yet, nor received shipping quote

quick questions on shoes, hope this isn't a stupid one: I'm wanting to buy some Ann D scamosciato shoes size EU41 but the only pairs I can find (on LN-CC etc.) in that size are listed as womens and I'm a guy. I can't see any visible difference between the mens: http://www.ln-cc.com/content/ebiz/latenightcatcafe/invt/ann0114049blk/ann0114049blk_01_large.jpg and womens: http://www.ln-cc.com/content/ebiz/latenightcatcafe/invt/ann0214029blk/ann0214029blk_01_large.jpg so could I just buy the womens ones in my size or would they be noticeably different or unsuitable for my feet? 

edit: just went back a few pages and think homme.homme already answered my question - they're the same. I'll assume that goes for all designs unless anyone knows any different?

Edited by chdrls

I bought an item from billyreid.com and they charged for duty/tax during checkout shipping to Canada. They use a brokerage company called pitney bowes to handle international orders. I received my item but it didn't work out so i returned it and got a refund minus the duty/taxes. Does anybody know how to get it back?

in superseller, all the sellers have to pay for a subscription - bumps are permitted once per 24 hours

in the regular supermarket, it is open to all users - bumps are once every 72 hours

I can't decide between the alpha industries n-3b parka or the slim version, kinda want an oversized look but I'm not sure to go +1 on a slim or tts on a regular

another dumb question by me. Im buying the Adidas x Raf Simons Ozweegos and i normally wear a 9.5 sometimes 10. Should i get a size 43 or 44? 

Edited by aoreugifragde

Where to get Rick boots resoled and repaired? Got a pair of fw07 combats that are beat as fuck (crepe soles have worn all the way through in some spots--I got 75cents worth of quarters taped to the sole right now) and is pulling away from the midsole in certain places too. Leather is also pulling away from the midsole a bit.

I've heard The Firm in NY is good, but I wanna be absolutely sure they can restore the boots to their original look. Saw a pair of the same combats where dude got em resoled with a wood sole and it was horrible.

Does anyone know where to cop high-top desert boots like these:

clarkshigh.jpg

What are some black hi tops in either nubuck, canvas or non shiny leather with a black tonal sole because I don't like the look of the leather on the black cp achilles.

What are some black hi tops in either nubuck, canvas or non shiny leather with a black tonal sole because I don't like the look of the leather on the black cp achilles.

hs_hi_black_3.jpg?v=1376014004?760

Feit.

Thanks but I don't really like the almost workwear look of feits. was hoping for something more similar to this (but same leather through out the shoe)

blog_shoe_commonprojects_214593_13163.jp

Red Wing 101 Postman vs 9016 (or gent traveller) sizing anybody? I have 9016 in UK8, fit very well with insoles. Length is correct, but there is a room for thick sock or, in my case, insole. Wonder with what size should I go for 101 Postman to not to add any additional insoles.

End support advises on the same size, but I concerned about Postman being as roomy as 9016. 

Can anyone recommend a pair of Tan or Navy suede slip on sneakers? 

I'm picturing something along the lines of the Vans x Engineered Garments collab:

p7_10.jpg

These would have been perfect but I'm a bit late to the party, cannot find anything online..