Samurai Jeans 5th Year Anniversary Feeler Thread

Back again from a nice England trip with a good time at the Iron Heart Aero party and after staying in London I had to deal with some overloaded denim stuff in my bag. I had to lift up the bag heavily with my food to avoid exceeded overweight baggage at my flight trip home

Just one week out and some interesting news here with DC4 sponsors! Congrats to them, just perfect!!

And Tilmann: Just a great rusty button sample. Could be from a cowboy or a goldmine digger after treating his garment the hard way like hell.

Would be interesting to see a front and back pic of the whole pants or did I missed them? Haven't gone through the whole thread

Thanks Beautyful_F for the full pics of salaamis pants. Looking amazing

As well as Beatles pants. True character on them!! They deserve to stay alive for ever!!!

^Yeah it's rough...sometimes life just happens though and when you need the money in a pinch something's just gotta cut...I'll barely be making rent (actually moving to a new apartment next month too, so I need to pay pro-rated rent for Oct. this Friday when I sign the lease) which will be cutting it close (add to that gas, grocery's, etc. etc.) all while just starting out in my career (base pay, not hitting those 6 figs yet ;) )....So I can see why someone might need to drop out financially. It does take a certain level of fiscal responsibility though so I get where you're coming from!

TMI on my life, but at least you all know where I'm coming from...I'm still in of course...:)

i was quite surprised with how this contest worked though, since comps usually require contestants to make a payment upfront, so im curious as to why decide to order sizes before payment. contests usually have a high initial hit rate with everybody saying they want to take part when first announced and then end up having the participants rate taper down, midway. been that way for almost all contests so far.

True. The point was, that dc4 wanted to keep the sponsorship a secret until all contracts were signed and they were allowed to announce that they stock Samurais now.

This made it a bit difficult. But then, it all started as a small idea between b_f and me and we wouldn't have thought that 30 people would join us. The dc4-thing was a lucky coincidence.

And I know about financial issues, but as I had two months now to think of it, i put away a bit here and there. Should be enough, i hope.

yes it was a accomodation from DC4 to give the contestants more time to save up. Furtermore we were trying to get the best deal (pricewise) but not to miss out on a few sizes.

And I have to agree with MaxPower, there should have been enough time. More than 2 months in the end to save up. I really thought people could roughly plan if they can afford the Jap retail at least or not...